Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and got a price check on one today.I asked for an 08.Parts guy said they have changed them recently.My question is should I look for a used one or will the new one work. He didnt say what exactly had changed.But as far as price 579.00 vs 479 or so for the progressive and penske.Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bacon

I was going to check with Hagon Shocks to see if they could make me one when my bike need one. They make nice shocks. Ran them on my Triumph.

·
13,254 Posts
what make you think it will fit and how do you think it will benefit you. What about the length of a vision shock and is there enough room for it to fit

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what make you think it will fit and how do you think it will benefit you. What about the length of a vision shock and is there enough room for it to fit

There have been a few people on some facebook groups i joined that have done it. According to them you just need to get some washers for spacers on the bottom part.Benefit Im guessing a better ride than stk.Thats what I hear and hope.

·
13,254 Posts
Now how much adjusting have you done with your shock.
I'm really not trying to talk you out of it but.
The vision shock is for a 880 pound bike so on your bike it would be over rated even with only 10 pounds of air in it.
How big are the guys that like it how big are you. Spending $500 dollars and doing all the shimming and fooling around for something you might not like doesn't seam right. To say nothing about the shock you buy might not be any good.
If it were me before I spent $500 bucks I would adjust my shock a lot. To bad you can't test one before you buy one.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
penske for sure

get a penske shock built for YOU, thats as good as it gets!!! made a big difference on my hard riding hammer, prolly even better on bikes with tires with more sidewalls.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now how much adjusting have you done with your shock.
I'm really not trying to talk you out of it but.
The vision shock is for a 880 pound bike so on your bike it would be over rated even with only 10 pounds of air in it.
How big are the guys that like it how big are you. Spending $500 dollars and doing all the shimming and fooling around for something you might not like doesn't seam right. To say nothing about the shock you buy might not be any good.
If it were me before I spent $500 bucks I would adjust my shock a lot. To bad you can't test one before you buy one.
You make a good point.I am average size i guess 200 lbs 5'10.I have not adjusted it yet I am going to wash it tomorrow and and fiddle with it. I bought the tool yesterday.Will update after I try that.How can I tell if my bike has a lowering kit on it?Is that something you can tell by looking under at the shock?Or where do I measure the height from?

·
13,254 Posts
how low does the rear fend sit down over the tire. You have links that lower the back. Do a search here for photos of KP or show off your king ping.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guess this is maxed out....

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had asked a smilar question about using an xc shock on my hammer, but didn't seem like anyone had tried it. It does make me wonder if that would throw off the balance of the bike front to back, because now your rear will have more travel than the front, relative to the initial design of the bike. I think rodhotter is on the right track with the idea that getting the right size shock, made for your weight may be the better overall upgrade.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I bought the shock adjustmet tool for my Kingpin so I could stiffen it and ride two up and fully loaded. If I didn't readjust after the trip, I had a rather bouncy ride. Readjusted to a midpoint on the threads worked good for me at 5'10" and 200lbs.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I bought the shock adjustmet tool for my Kingpin so I could stiffen it and ride two up and fully loaded. If I didn't readjust after the trip, I had a rather bouncy ride. Readjusted to a midpoint on the threads worked good for me at 5'10" and 200lbs.
did you get the vic tool? i bought one but it isnt working refuses to grab and keep hold on it .now i'm looking for a better one hopefully not 50 plus dollars.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where did you find it for $35? lowest i can find is 52 on ebay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts