Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Vision is back in the shop for the second time in 2 weeks stalling at red lights. First time they found loose battery terminals and corrosion thinking that was the issue but it was not. They now tell me they are hearing from Victory that there are reports of bad fuel pumps on some bikes. Had anyone else heard this? It always happens when the bike is hot and i stop at a light.

·
13,087 Posts
They can do a fuel pump pressure test. Not sure how many pounds it should be.
It even could be your Idle Air Control valve. You might have a line off or the valve is not working.
You could even have a crack in the manifold thats leaking air.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved....I think!

OK. Here's the latest update on the stalling issue with my 08 Vision. Dealer called to say they could not get it to stall no matter what they did. I picked it up today and drove a good distance through tons of lights, stop signs, open road and the like. It never burped, hesitated, stalled or anything else. It just ran like a dream and did no backfiring or the like PLUS it ran a bit cooler. I know it's early yet but conclusion: The only thing anyone did to it was disconnect the O2 sensor and that was me. Thanks to several of you seasoned riders for the guidance. I'm in hopes this will be the permanent cure.

·
Administrator
5,949 Posts
Problem solved....I think!... The only thing anyone did to it was disconnect the O2 sensor and that was me.
Are you saying disconnecting the O² sensors fixed the problem or caused the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it thanks to you and others, Crossroads. I disconnected the front O2 but could not get into the rear one to disconnect. Even so, the bike is already running better. The only way I see to get into the rear disconnect is to pop open the chrome looking covers that stand in front of the wires going back under the seat. Any better ideas?

·
Administrator
5,949 Posts
Fixed it thanks to you and others, Crossroads. I disconnected the front O2 but could not get into the rear one to disconnect. Even so, the bike is already running better. The only way I see to get into the rear disconnect is to pop open the chrome looking covers that stand in front of the wires going back under the seat. Any better ideas?
Disconnect the other one too! thumb up Section 3.42 of the service manual identifies the location of each O² sensor. If you don't have the manual, send me a PM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CR, I know where they both are but the rear one seems impossible to get to. I've pulled the wires that run to the disconnect sleeve about as hard as I dare without breaing them. At first i thought I had disconnected the right one but it ended up being the wrong one. How do you get in there where the sleeve is without popping the brad that holds the chrome colored partition together?

·
13,087 Posts
side panel should just pull off. Then follow the thin wire to the connector and un plug it.
Do me a favor and check the battery terminals use a wrench and see if there tight. Ya just never know.

Kevinx if you read this what would be the harm in just disconnecting one 02 sensor. Then i would ask witch one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VJ, I made a picture of the left side of the bike adjacent to where the O2 wire runs. Let me know how I can get the picture to you and maybe you can help me understand how this panel simply pulls off. I can't see how it works but I'm sure you can explain it.

·
Administrator
5,949 Posts
VJ, I made a picture of the left side of the bike adjacent to where the O2 wire runs. Let me know how I can get the picture to you and maybe you can help me understand how this panel simply pulls off. I can't see how it works but I'm sure you can explain it.
(A.) First, remove the console.
vision-remove-console.jpg
(B.) Once the console is removed, remove the seat.
vision-seat-removal.jpg
(C.) Once the seat is removed, remove the body panel.
vision-rear-pannel-removal.jpg

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
My friend's 09 Vision was doing the exact same thing... stalling out at lights... usually when the bike warmed up. We believe it was the main circuit relay. An $8 part.... when it got hot, it cut out. They replaced it and he hasn't had that problem anymore. Also, while at the dealer, it is worthwhile to get the latest software updated to your ECU for fuel and for the radio....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Don't know that disconecting the O2 sensors is a good idea. The O2 sensors are an important part of the fuel system. They help the ECM decide how much fuel the engine needs. Disconecting them may mask your problem but it is solving nothing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sorry, after looking at the diagrams realized this was a stupid question. Got the rear o2 unplugged last night and so far so good. Thanks again to all.

CR, is this drawing to remove the front O2 wire or the rear one? The front one is already disconnected, it's the rear one I can't reach.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I spoke too soon. Drove bike for the 4th day today with no stalls since Sat afternoon. On the way home...you guessed it. Stopped at a light and yet another stall. Same light, same situation with lots of cars behind me. Back to the drawing board but pulling the O2 sensor wires is apparently NOT the answer. Gunslinger, I guess my next "fix" will be having them check the circuit breaker or find something else wrong. Drove a Yamaha for 3 years with zero breakdowns and have "driven" this Vic with nothing but breakdowns!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts