Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see posts on here about the looks of the vision from other motorcycle owners, and thats fine with me, but in the last month I have had two people tell me the same thing, one rode A 'busa and A concours, the the other guy rides A Harley, they both said all motorcycles have style, but most of them are the same style, the vision, their words not mine, has A style all its own, beautiful. So if you cross bike riders want to ride something that looks A lot all the other brand of cruisers, then more power to you.

Pun intended

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
*golf clap*

:D :D :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Two weeks of Vision riding and it's surprising the number of compliments and curious folks. Never seem to leave the gas pump without a conversation.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Two weeks of Vision riding and it's surprising the number of compliments and curious folks. Never seem to leave the gas pump without a conversation.
And that can be a problem during IBA rides. Lol. I'm perfectly fine with those that hate it find it curiously appealing or like it. I found myself a little biffed the other day when I seen a Vision coming out of my sub division. WTH? Was ready to chase him out, er ah I mean down. :ltr:

I love my. TC just as much (never did get around to selling it) but the Vision is unique and I do like the riding it every day. I like frosted mini wheats toothumb up

·
Registered
54 Posts
yea love my Vision 8 ball people ride by me taking pics. and when I go to events there is always a crowed around the Vision. To me everything else is a harley look alike

·
Registered
54 Posts
What sad is victory has seem to forget this bike they have made no improvements worth talking about. and you never seem to prompt it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Er...what's the point of this thread now? I'm sort of confused, because it kinda seems like the OP is implying that the Vision is the only Victory worth having because it looks like nothing else.

Personally I think the Vision's a pretty cool bike. Don't have a bad word to say about it. Vision owners love their scoots.

I also think that even though many other Victory designs are conventional, I wouldn't necessarily call them "copies." They're conventional, but very obviously unique.

Is this where we're at now? Bored of grousing about Harleys so we're gonna start cutting up our own faction for "us versus them" threads?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is this where we're at now? Bored of grousing about Harleys so we're gonna start cutting up our own faction for "us versus them" threads?[/QUOTE]

I understand what your saying and in my opinion victory has the best line of bikes out there. What I do not understand is why they made a choice not to upgrade the vision or add to the bike in anyway. kind of sad. nor do they promote it for real even when I go to the demo's they are always promoting the XC and the vision a lot of the times is last in the line. They are making a big mistake in that area.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I understand what your saying and in my opinion victory has the best line of bikes out there. What I do not understand is why they made a choice not to upgrade the vision or add to the bike in anyway. kind of sad. nor do they promote it for real even when I go to the demo's they are always promoting the XC and the vision a lot of the times is last in the line. They are making a big mistake in that area.
We don't have access to sales info, but I believe Vision sales are not too high and those that buy Visions are 50+. Those of us that have Visions, love them, but would you buy a Highball. The other models are appealing to a younger buyer. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Victory is just trying to cover all bases in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I agree the Vision doesn't seem to get much attention and certainly doesn't seem to have received much in the way of improvements or refinements in the last few years. One might argue (and I would probably buy the argument) that there's really not much to improve or refine. Honestly, where would they go next? Some kind of "infotainment" setup? Seems to me the bike's already pretty well put-together and anything new may not necessarily be an improvement. Some details I'm sure could be polished up (acknowledging the front fender issue here, before I catch hell for not doing so), but that's always true. As for the attention it doesn't receive...while sales figures may be a little slow, it kinda looks like the bike sells itself and survives on word of mouth. Cross bikes might get the airtime and the square footage on the showroom floor, but there's always a Vision there. Always. Polaris perhaps feels they don't need to shout about their flagship, which is instantly recognizeable and loved the world over by its owners.

My objection to the original post was that it seemed to imply those of us that bought Cross bikes copped out and didn't get "real" Victorys. Which sounds an awful lot like the way some other guys might imply those of us that ride Victorys don't ride "real" bikes. That's a stupid attitude to have...it's bad enough the 2-wheeled brotherhood is fractured by the preconceptions of some of its members. Should I have to be worried that Vision riders will snub me now because I "just ride a copycat Cross bike?"

·
Registered
372 Posts
My Cross Country must not be to much of a Harley clone because one of my Harley 'friends' called it "an ugly pointy looking thing". I like the Vision and it is a very nice looking scoot, especially in the right colors, but I enjoy the functionality of my XC to much to ever own one. At least in it's current form. We'll have to see what these "big changes in 2016" are going to be for Victory. Just traded my '10 XC for a '14 XCT so I probably won't be looking any time soon anyway but it's always fun to see them advance. I've heard they may drop the Vision all together and come out with an all new bike that replaces it in it's form. Could be a lot why we haven't been seeing any recent changes to the current model.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If you go on a generic bike forum and look at how people view Victory you might be surprised to see the comments on Indian when it first came out. People were saying things like how much Victory you could see in the new Indian styling. There is something about Vic bikes that outsiders can see in our bikes that sets them apart as a whole company. I know that with all the clones out there I can spot a real HD in a sea of other "look alikes". Once you get a feel for a brand its styling really can be spotted quickly by others. A CCT and an Electra Glide are very different to my eye. The shape of the fairing itself immediately jumps out at me, even before I notice how much different the engines and trunk look.

·
Registered
82 Posts
vision style

I have people commenting on my vision all the time. No one has said it is ugly, but a lot have said "I don't know about that one!" I even had one tell me it looks like the shuttle craft from the SS enterprise. It is so unique, most just don`t know what to say! I don`t think victory has a ugly bike in the entire line-up, but then neither does Harley, or many other brands! the vision does not look like any other bike out there. It is a bike of its own! A bike everyone likes? Absoutely not, but I think they are beautiful! I am on my second one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bikes

I agree the Vision doesn't seem to get much attention and certainly doesn't seem to have received much in the way of improvements or refinements in the last few years. One might argue (and I would probably buy the argument) that there's really not much to improve or refine. Honestly, where would they go next? Some kind of "infotainment" setup? Seems to me the bike's already pretty well put-together and anything new may not necessarily be an improvement. Some details I'm sure could be polished up (acknowledging the front fender issue here, before I catch hell for not doing so), but that's always true. As for the attention it doesn't receive...while sales figures may be a little slow, it kinda looks like the bike sells itself and survives on word of mouth. Cross bikes might get the airtime and the square footage on the showroom floor, but there's always a Vision there. Always. Polaris perhaps feels they don't need to shout about their flagship, which is instantly recognizeable and loved the world over by its owners.

My objection to the original post was that it seemed to imply those of us that bought Cross bikes copped out and didn't get "real" Victorys. Which sounds an awful lot like the way some other guys might imply those of us that ride Victorys don't ride "real" bikes. That's a stupid attitude to have...it's bad enough the 2-wheeled brotherhood is fractured by the preconceptions of some of its members. Should I have to be worried that Vision riders will snub me now because I "just ride a copycat Cross bike?"
The only reason I mentioned the cross bikes is some that ride them put down the vision, I personally like the XC, If we can't kid with each other life would be dull don't you think, sorry if I offended you or your bike, Victorys are great bikes, but seems Polaris has forgotten that since they got Indian

·
Registered
82 Posts
vision style

I agree.......my next choice would have been the cross bike. I`ve rode them, like them, and must be victorys best selling touring bike. But after having a vision before (totaled out my 08 last june) I just had to have another!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know why so many people want Polaris to update the Vision. All that would do is make the previous years obsolete. There are a few things I would like to see...

A different fuel injection system.
Maybe make some optional running lights.
Some way to fix the old style transmission noise.

If Polaris keeps making the Vision as it is, then the aftermarket will fill the void for all little things that people would like to change.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love my 2014 VV...I'm a big SOB (6'9" +350lbs) and fit on the bike very comfortably...Didn't have to change anything on it...I looked at an Ultra and would have to had several mods just to ride it...It think the styling is great but Victory will need to upgrade/subtle changes to keep the bike relevent in the industry. Having only 2 colors for the 2015 bike was a bad decision in my mind... Did I say I love my bike?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts