Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the fence when I bought the Vision and now have a little buyers remorse and think the XC is the better bike for me. The Vision has only 2000 miles on it due to long summer here. Now it is riding season here in AZ. I am thinking I would prefer the XC. Anyone go from a Vision to an XC?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I recently rode the Vision at my dealer's demo event. It has a much better seat for me than the XCT, but the handlebars were WAY too low and are non-adjustable (without replacing them). Overall I think I made the right choice. I strongly recommend riding one (if you already haven't, that is).

Why do you think the XCT may be better for you than the Vision?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No just XC. Riding shorter distances most of the time always solo. Vision I thought would be for 2

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I kinda kick myself for getting the xc and not the xct. The xct lowers, heated grips, and trunk would be nice at times. I have made my own lowers but they are not as good as the xct, and have added the heated grips. So i wouldnt count out the xct. Think hard about what you WILL be doing with the bike. I started with a vegas thinking it would work for my needs, which it did but i had to add a windshield and bags, until I tried to go for a ride with my wife, not much of a 2up bike. So in one summer i went from a solo seat hardtail 10' long chopper to a xc!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
I traded in my 2008 Vision on Friday for a 2013 XCT in boardwalk blue. I loved the Vision but wanted to try something different. The more I ride the XCT the more I am liking it. Not quite sure yet if it handles as well as the Vision but I do not have buyers remorse. I think I got a pretty good deal since my Son who is a Sales Associate at Extreme Machines Millstone NJ sold it to me. I had 34000 miles on the Vision so now I can start all over again. Well see how long I can keep it stock. I guess I will need to change my signature now,

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
bikerdave48 - you got the right color, too :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've never owned a Vision but I've ridden several. There isn't a bike out there that I would trade my XC for. A lot of people claim the Vision handles better and I could see that in general but since I put a Klockwerks flip windshield on my XC I would put it up against any Vision in the handling dept. I'm only 5' 6" and that windshield works great for me but probably wouldn't be for everyone but the flip concept really does what it's supposed to.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I have test rode the Vision and love it .. I think the Seat is more comfortable for me anyway and I do long haul riding a few times a year .. I am happy with my XC and put a lot of money in it to make it like it is .. But if I had started with a Vision doubt I would part with it ...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I have test rode the Vision and love it .. I think the Seat is more comfortable for me anyway and I do long haul riding a few times a year .. I am happy with my XC and put a lot of money in it to make it like it is .. But if I had started with a Vision doubt I would part with it ...
I agree. I'd have to diddle with it enough to get it to shed some of its heat generating prowess, throw some stalk mirrors on it, and call it a day. Hell, the electronically adjustable windscreen alone is worth its weight in sticky rubber.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The Vision is an icon.

After that though it's apples to apples to Pop. I never put much stock in the fixed versus fork fairing thing and while the power windshield has advantages the advantages aren't anything I would say to myself, yes I will pay for that over a fixed bugscreen.

If the Vision styling was as appealing to me as the Cross Country Tour it would have been a horse race based solely on cost. I just can't see enough of a difference in purpose or execution to recommend one over the other.

Rode the Vision a couple times and it sold me that Victory was in the game but I am too old skool for the look. Saw the Cross bikes and, knowing what I knew from the Vision I said Yep, gotta get me one of them Victorys.

·
Registered
229 Posts
...since I put a Klockwerks flip windshield on my XC I would put it up against any Vision in the handling dept...
Huh? :confused:
the Klockwerks is a great windscreen, but what does it have to do with handling?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Huh? :confused:
the Klockwerks is a great windscreen, but what does it have to do with handling?
It's so light that it negates the weight of the fairing bolted to the forks. Kinda like the way drinking Diet Coke while eating a sausage pizza negates the calories.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It's so light that it negates the weight of the fairing bolted to the forks. Kinda like the way drinking Diet Coke while eating a sausage pizza negates the calories.
Thanks Saddle , I know what I'm having for lunch today.thumb up

·
Registered
229 Posts
DAMIT! Now I'm hungry. Like my fat ass needs sausage pizza. :crzy:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was on the fence when I bought the Vision and now have a little buyers remorse and think the XC is the better bike for me. The Vision has only 2000 miles on it due to long summer here. Now it is riding season here in AZ. I am thinking I would prefer the XC. Anyone go from a Vision to an XC?
Having a Vision in Phoenix in the Summer has to be about the 'hottest' combination you could come up with. I tested a Vision at 95 degrees, I can't imagine the heat in that cockpit at 115.

But at least if you keep it for winter, you will enjoy it more from a temp perspective anyway. A nice morning ride in the desert in winter - can't get any better than that.

I was contemplating riding my XC out to Phx this fall so I could have it there for my monthly winter visits to my condo, but I may just settle for a couple of rental rides in the desert this winter instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts