Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a trailer for my Vision... before I looked up what a hitch was gonna cost :(
Anywho, I see that bushtec has a relay kit. Looking at my tail lights on the vision, there's no pair of lights to tap into. Top and middle pair are run/turn but middle/bottom are run/brake while the middle pair goes out for brakes while turn signalling. That make sense ? :crzy:
so there's a hitch doc fer $300 and a bushtec fer $450 plus another $90 fer the wiring kit.
and I thought a hitch was gonna be reasonable since for less than half that you can put a class 1 on a truck..
Then after reading some other posts, I recently put on a car tire (195) that some say will rub , need to put on a 185mm.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This isn't mine but a nearly spittin' image.
Harbor freight frame w/ Sears car top carrier.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
are you on facebook? if so look up BigDs custom racks? i believe, his name is Daryl Wray? i will check spelling. he makes a hitch and wiring setup for around $250 shipped he is or just recovered from a nasty accident so worst case maybe he can help with wiring. he had a vision himself

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Darryl Wray is his name.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a hitch coming from BigD. thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
May be a little late now but I run a bushtec hitch on my Ness Vision. I discovered that a 195 WILL NOT RUB on a bushtec hitch. All the reports of those that do rub apparently have a hitchdoc hitch. Just FYI now I guess.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have yet to find out as it's still on my kitchen table. :rolleyes:
Been meaning to put it on but have also been repainting my trailer which is in mid stream

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lets see some pics now that you've had time to get it done :eek

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I haven't put 5 miles on this yet. Kind of a candle in the wind idea as a few things I was anticipating fell through. Wanting to carry guitar gear so as to not 'have to' take the cage if/when I play out.
Still have fun with a small project like this. Taking it apart, making it nicer then putting it back together.
I did just buy a new 2015 Chevy Traverse so it's not like I don't have room for 'stuff'.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
don't trust the wheel bearings. Go get high speed bearings from a bearing store.

Pull the caps off and check how much grease is in there

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
agree with VJ, if its a harbor freight trailer regrease the bearings. they are metric bearings too.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1443230105.190163.jpg

heres what i had, i sold the trailer, its now being towed by a HD and just got back from alabama, he lives in st cloud mn, said it pulls great

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hitch Doc

My 08 vision came with 1/2 a hitch doc assembly(unattached-PO had dealer take it off)) but no receiver or hardware....called hitch doc and they can provide the missing parts for 120 bucks but there is no wiring on the bike either....Not sure I'm willing to put anything on it as I hear of multiple issues with towing handling...rubbing etc...with both bushtec and hitch doc....space is an issue so i'm considering it but would like the least amt of problems....also my inner bags are cracked on the saddlebags and the manual says no air needed for less than 200 pounds...anyone else have this issue? thanks!

·
13,003 Posts
davev1pa

I lowered my vision and cracked the right inner bag. I just tuck some black silicon and covered the crack so dirt and water wouldn't get in.
I run 40psi in shocks for rail road dips and potholes. Air in shock will not raise the bike up that much.
There are guys running car tires on the back and say they have 1/4 inch clearance on each side of tire.
I do believe behind each tail light there are wires there for trailer lights

what ever you use for trailer makes sure they have good bearings and if you need to take old one to a bearing store and ask for "high" speed bearings tell them what there for.
Hard part would be plan where you park. Guys will tell you doing 80mph is no big deal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts