Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When Rossi gets bored with the blonds and brunettes gracing his Ibezan villa he says he likes the Blues Brothers best (me too) but I just know he's got this on a loop.

Sweet Moses in the rushes, that was five years ago today! Man, time flies when you're having old.

You know, you could drop Stoner or Rossi midfield with the pigskin in hand and maybe, just maybe, one of them would get it to Edelman before the defense crushed him, but there is not a chance in hell that if you dropped Brady onto that Yami mid lap that he would make it through the next turn, rival up his ass or not.

There's athletes and then there's ATHLETES.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet Moses in the rushes, that was five years ago today! Man, time flies when you're having old.
Great stuff Pop. He's put on so many great shows and still does. Another lesson taught by the Doctor:

I read once back when Biaggi was one of his major competitors that the medical team ran telemetry of their body functions, as I recall it was during qualifying.

Rossi, the cool, gregarious guy he is barely raised his pulse rate, breathing or anything else while he was doing things that would scare a mortal man into shock. Biaggi OTOH had his heart race like a rabbit when he was under stress.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Whew! I forgot to breathe while watching those. My pulse rate went up!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew! I forgot to breathe while watching those. My pulse rate went up!
You should have taken a ride south yesterday. Laguna ain't too far from you and what a day!

The 20 year old up and comer pulled a Rossi on Rossi, passing him on the corkscrew in the dirt!

The new kid Marquez now has surpassed Fast Freddie as the youngest tike to win two Moto GP races. Gonna be fun to watch his career.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
You should have taken a ride south yesterday. Laguna ain't too far from you and what a day!

The 20 year old up and comer pulled a Rossi on Rossi, passing him on the corkscrew in the dirt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-FD76BwB08

The new kid Marquez now has surpassed Fast Freddie as the youngest tike to win two Moto GP races. Gonna be fun to watch his career.
That sure looked premeditated to me.
I used to go to tracks to see the races, but as I grew older and smarter, I found the best seat to be in my home in front of the TV. Cooler, or warmer and drier, cheaper, and lots of cameras following bikes/cars completely around.
In the 60s I was into sport cars (Triumphs, then a Porsche - ugh, then a series of Alfas. I followed the Can-Am Series and would go to Portland and Seattle International Raceways to see them there. Parnelli Jones was great for pulling that corner cutting maneuver back then.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sure looked premeditated to me.
I used to go to tracks to see the races, but as I grew older and smarter, I found the best seat to be in my home in front of the TV. Cooler, or warmer and drier, cheaper, and lots of cameras following bikes/cars completely around.
In the 60s I was into sport cars (Triumphs, then a Porsche - ugh, then a series of Alfas. I followed the Can-Am Series and would go to Portland and Seattle International Raceways to see them there. Parnelli Jones was great for pulling that corner cutting maneuver back then.
These days the bigger tracks got TV screens following the top riders at various points around the track. Still pretty impressive to watch them run in the flesh. Oh and for that, I wear earplugs. ;)

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
That's nice to know about those screens Saddle and I hear ya about the earplugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts