Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I visited once. Stayed in Eureka Springs. Town was biker friendly. Went to a see a Rolling Stones cover band and got mesmerized by some hot chick on the floor teaching Dirty Dancing. Also got to visit a cool refuge for wild animals that got adopted by idiots who learned large wild cats don't make good pets.

http://www.turpentinecreek.org/

I also learned that Tyson provides them with a lot of grub, so I support Tyson (the chicken people, not the idiot that buys lions as pets and bites opponents ears off).

I had a good time, but the roads were not terribly remarkable in an scenic or technical way. The video I took was pretty boring, so I had to try and make it more entertaining by passing cars:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Saddlebag, you need to try the Harrison area, follow the link to Harrison on the right side of the link. http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/motorcycling/

Some pretty sweet riding. One area's switchbacks get so tight that they stop posting what the safe speed is, you can read your own rear license plate by the time you are done.
Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree! Being from Missouri, it's on my shortlist. I've floated the Buffalo River many times, but never ridden the area. I need to get the wife primed for that journey and make a trip down to Pruitt.

Thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Saddlebag, you need to try the Harrison area,
My wife and I did go over there to see the caves. We must have taken 62 over as it was a pretty straight shot. That actually turned out to be a good thing as it was about 45°F out and pouring rain on the way back. Neither of our rain suits was able to keep it out completely and it was cold.

When I stopped at a restaurant to get some coffee to try and warm up, my wife was shaking uncontrollably. I think she must have had mild hypothermia.

Fortunately, by that point we were almost back to the ranch and the rain was subsiding. After drying our clothes under bathroom's hand dryer we were able to make it back no worse for the wear.

I linked a few pics:

http://www.photoshop.com/users/saddlebag/albums/e39873d223074d52beec1c5f1f34c8d8/slideshow?rlang=en_US

·
Registered
236 Posts
I met my wife in Arkansas, she grew up in Danville we lived in Van Buren for about 10 years.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If I get to make it down to Fayetteville or Harrison this year, I'll give you a shout.

I plan to get to Bikes Blues and BBQ again, but we also plan a trip to Colorado to ride around in the Rockies looking at all the trees and mountains.

Last year, I was able to do both. I was in Colorado one weekend, in Arkansas the next.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
I visited once. Stayed in Eureka Springs. Town was biker friendly. ......

I had a good time, but the roads were not terribly remarkable in an scenic or technical way. The video I took was pretty boring, so I had to try and make it more entertaining by passing cars:
I stay in Eureka Springs and ride Arkansas all the time. I agree that Arkansas isn't quite as scenic as roads in the Rockies or the Deals Gap area. But it is pretty close and many of the roads are more technical than anything you can find in the Rockies. You have to drive a little way away from Eureka Springs but once you get into the Jasper area the only thing in that part of the state is really technical roads. I go over there and spend all day in peg grinding heaven. The only thing there really isn't much of is road side amenities.

My favorite is Hwy 123 (known as the Arkansas Dragon) and it is crazy technical, very scenic, and a blast to ride. But several other highways are awesome as well. If you live in the middle part of the country, love peg grinding and scenic views then Arkansas will not dissapoint. It's not much for drinking and night life (except for bikes, blues, and BBQ) but it is great for riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts