Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing Lloydz VM-1 cams on my 07 vegas. Mods are RPW Slash pipes, and S&S intake with the S&S Hammer drag map.

Will I be ok running this map with the cams or is a fuel controller required? I if I do have to get a fuel controller should I flash the ecu back to stock before attempting to tune the bike?

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Gonna need a fuel controller be it a VFC III or a PCV w/wo AT - jury is still out on the new Cobra tuner.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant get the PC-V unfortunately they only work for the 08+ bikes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I will get the most out of the cams with a controller but if I run the bike without it will it hurt anything? How much do cams lean out the motor?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i dont know exactly how big those cams are. some cams you can and some you cant. i would call lloydz and ask before i did that.

·
12,968 Posts
why would you spend $400 for cams and not get the performance out of them with no control.
Yes you need one

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the cams in and the bike revs so much more quickly now. Gotta get use to shifting faster. Seems to running ok without a tuner. I will pick up a VFCII in the next few weeks though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I if I do have to get a fuel controller should I flash the ecu back to stock before attempting to tune the bike?
You don't need to get the bike ecu flashed back to stock. A fuel controller will work in addition to what is already there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the VFC installed. Basically all that I can tune is the green which is the slow speed circuit. If I try to tune any other circuit it causes the bike to run too rich and it bogs down.

It runs well with no fuel being added up top however would I be able to get more out of it buy running a stock map and tweaking the VFC on all circuits?

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Ideally, set the green to about the 2nd LED and have the bike's TPS readjusted with the VFC in place! You don't need much yellow, and the red setting should be about half of what the green setting is.

But, it's critical that you get that TPS readjusted by the dealer, or you will be running rich.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ideally, set the green to about the 2nd LED and have the bike's TPS readjusted with the VFC in place! You don't need much yellow, and the red setting should be about half of what the green setting is.

But, it's critical that you get that TPS readjusted by the dealer, or you will be running rich.
Tried out your settings and the bike runs awesome. Still have a few small things to tweak but much better than before. I think I gained some up top as well. I have the green set to 2, yellow to .5, and red set to 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts