Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some cutting out issues where the radio display would go out and reboot every 30 Seconds or so. The voltage would go from 14.7 up to almost 16 then down to about 12. I replaced the circuit breaker as recommended and the above problems seem to have gone away. . However, the voltage still fluctuates, albeit much slower. It'll go from 14.7 to nearly 16 and then back. It hadn't dropped to 12 yet in a 30+ minute ride.

My question is should the voltage be fluctuating at all or should it hold still at 14.7?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kevin. . It was probably always doing that, but I wasn't really paying attention til now due to the other problems I was having. It seems the breaker replacement fixed the problem. .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rode into work this morning (32 degrees out). Had a hard time starting after I got off work and check engine kept flashing. Checked volts and MFD indicated 11.1 volts rolling. Jumped with my pickup after I'd been home a while, still no charging. When I took a quick peek at the regulator, the connector had mud all over it. Cleared the mud and made sure the connector was secure - getting a good charge now. To be on the safe side, I zip-tied the cable a little higher.

·
13,177 Posts
Rode into work this morning (32 degrees out). Had a hard time starting after I got off work and check engine kept flashing. Checked volts and MFD indicated 11.1 volts rolling. Jumped with my pickup after I'd been home a while, still no charging. When I took a quick peek at the regulator, the connector had mud all over it. Cleared the mud and made sure the connector was secure - getting a good charge now. To be on the safe side, I zip-tied the cable a little higher.
you should tell us what year and model
use a 10mm wrench and check batter bolts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oops - forgot it wasn't under my handle.

2003 V92C (or V92SC - depends on where you look it up). Battery bolts was first thing I checked. I've had the negative cable come a little loose before and the bike totally died. Solution was to get a lock washer to keep it from working loose.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Oops - forgot it wasn't under my handle.

2003 V92C (or V92SC - depends on where you look it up). Battery bolts was first thing I checked. I've had the negative cable come a little loose before and the bike totally died. Solution was to get a lock washer to keep it from working loose.
Sounds like you got it straight with the bad connection at the regulator
On another note. The SC was 00-01 only. So you can not have an SC. The only C chassis bikes available in 03; were the V92TC(Touring Cruiser), and the V92CC(Classic Cruiser)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm guessing Classic - Shows up in insurance searches as V92C (only one 'C'). I traded a 22' enclosed trailer for it when I was in FL last June and have put about 4K miles on it since then.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shortly after I acquired my XC I had wild voltage fluctuation! First thing you check is the battery and my connections were tight! But as it turned out the previous owner had installed a battery tender harness and had placed the harness terminal connections in-between the bike cable terminal connectors and the battery terminals! The harness eyelets had corrosion on them which was unnoticeable until they where disconnected! I cleaned the connections and insured the bike cables were in contact with the battery terminals first and coated the connections with dialectic grease and the problem was solved!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts