Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike out today and noticed something while waiting at a stop light. My voltage bouncing sporadically between 11.8 and 12.4. Sometimes it would start a little higher and then slowly make its way down. I had a problem with my bike conking out at stop lights in closed throttle, but i cleaned the throttle body and haven't had a problem since.

Today really caught me off guard. Any ideas?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Clean and tighten your battery cables, then follow the negative to the main ground point and do the same.
How old is the battery? Doesn't make a lot of difference, but the battery could be shorting, voltage regulator, stater, etc, etc.
Bet the cable thing will do it though Vics seem finiky about power not being steady.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your voltage should be 13.8 - 14.8. Yours is very low. Check your battery cables that they are clean and tight. Also check your connectors from the rectifier and stator. I just had a voltage problem it was the connector from the rectifier. It had croded and looked like a dirty battery post. I cleaned it with baking soda. Put some connector greese on it. All is well now.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Took the bike out today and noticed something while waiting at a stop light. My voltage bouncing sporadically between 11.8 and 12.4. Sometimes it would start a little higher and then slowly make its way down. I had a problem with my bike conking out at stop lights in closed throttle, but i cleaned the throttle body and haven't had a problem since.

Today really caught me off guard. Any ideas?
Please add the year and make of your bike to your sig for more specific and accurate responses.

If your bike is old, it could be the battery itself dragging down the voltage. But as others have said, ensure the battery cables and voltage regulator connections are clean and correctly fastened as an first step.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts