Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am installing a new side mount tail light brake light combo and am having problems, the new led light takes 12v to power, and the stock brake light only took 4,7v. is there a resistor in the brake assembley somewhere? i am lost trying to find it.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Power is reduced through the Auto Cancel Modual

Easy way to do this is to go to the rear brake light switch, and tap a lead off the output side of it[white/pink]. That will give you 12v to work with, and the way it is wired the fronts will also trigger the light

For the running light tap into the purple lead that goes back to the tag light as your source

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi mate try this
Go to this thread and down load the manual http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1681
The manual has wiring daigrams in the back and page 451 on has description and then pictures.
Dont take this the wrong way mate but if you are not confident with electrics ...take it to an auto electrian ...I say this because what you want to do is really simple for them and should not cost to much BUT if you fry the wiring it WILL get VERY expensive! there is a thread in here about fires...electrical fires happen more often than fuel fires and alot of the time fuel fires are started by a spark!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
can you point me in the direction to find the rear brake output? is it under the bike, i am lost trying to find it
Pressure switch with 2 wires coming off the rear brake line located by the oil filter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.