Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery on the '02 Deluxe cruiser is not charging.....shows "CH Engine" ever few seconds on speedo..Disconnected battery with engine running and engine dies...is it the regulator or something else?..Thanks for any help....

Since I bought the new XCT the old bike doesn't get rode as much as it should.... Can't understand why...LOLcheerscheers

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
I'm going to make some wild guesses here...
Fluid level in battery OK?
Battery & starter relay connections tight?
If bike sits unused is there an automatic trickle charger on it?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to make some wild guesses here...
Fluid level in battery OK?
Battery & starter relay connections tight?
If bike sits unused is there an automatic trickle charger on it?
New Battery.....
Connections tight....
Battery Tender Is Connected.....

:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Check the connection off the voltage regulator. My looked connected but was not making complete contact and that was the problem. I had the same issues as you. Bought new battery and it still occurred, Kevin had me check connector and that was it. Good luck

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the connection off the voltage regulator. My looked connected but was not making complete contact and that was the problem. I had the same issues as you. Bought new battery and it still occurred, Kevin had me check connector and that was it. Good luck
Connection off voltage regulator looks clean and tight... Is the bike like a car where it will run off alternator with battery disconnected if alternator or stator is working??? Haven't been into bike electrical systems. Have worked on lots of cars and trucks..

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just cleaned all connections... Battery voltage is 12.8 with key and engine off and 14.32 with engine running. "CH Engine" shows on speedo regularly in few second intervals....

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"CH ENGINE" displays every 6 seconds on Speedo display....

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Vic uses a stator charging system with a shunt regulator. Pull the battery, and the bike dies. Normal. First thing that needs to be done is a throttle point reset[stickied to the top of the tech forum] If light is still on and you are charging. It is something else.
BTW....What does it charge at with the engine spun up to 3000RPM?

·
13,254 Posts
Bikes are not like cars. If you discount battery when bike is running YES it dies

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vic uses a stator charging system with a shunt regulator. Pull the battery, and the bike dies. Normal. First thing that needs to be done is a throttle point reset[stickied to the top of the tech forum] If light is still on and you are charging. It is something else.
BTW....What does it charge at with the engine spun up to 3000RPM?
OK, Kevin....I did the throttle point reset and guess what "CH ENGINE" is off...Thanks!!!!!!! Battery Voltage at idle is 14.24 and at 3000rpm is 14.31....Is that OK?? You guys are the best!!!!cheerscheerscheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts