Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2008 Vegas 8 Ball it looks like the previous owner hit the voltage regulator on something. Several of the fins are mashed. Everything seems to be working fine, but it looks horrible and bugs me everytime I look at the bike. Anyway, I can't leave it that way. Is this something that I can just change out easily myself? I'm hoping it's just a matter of unbolting it, un plugging some wires, and installing the new one. I pretty good with mechanical stuff, but get nervous when it involves the electrical system. Don't want to take a chance on damaging the ECM or something.
Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Your assumption is correct. It is a very easy swap: two screws, and unplugging connectors. Only tool needed is a screwdriver. The swap should not take you more than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You can buy a cover. Mine I chrome but other colors available

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I was hoping it would be that easy since I've already ordered a new one from Kate at Honda East Toledo. The info I've found says that part #4012240 has been replaced by #4012718. Hopefully I ordered the right one. Definitely interested in the cover, I'm going to try to find one and get it ordered. Thanks again

·
12,968 Posts
Keep in mind a chrome cover will hold heat in.
Heat is bad and might shorten the life of your regulator.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The one I have was $38 and it is vented pretty well. I like the way it looks too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts