Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had a Power Commander installed, the bike dyno tuned, and the clutch cable lubed up, but now my radio volume down button no longer works. The other 5 radio control buttons work fine, just not the volume down button.

Took apart the small radio button control console and everything looked fine so I'm guessing the problem is elsewhere. I thought it might be the wiring itself, but there are only 2 wires going into that unit so now I'm not so sure.

Could it be fuse related somehow?

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone is interested, I haven't verified it yet, but I suspect this has nothing to do with the Power Commander. I had the PCV installed on a day that was drizzling and rainy all day and I rode it around all day in that weather. Thinking back about it, I think that control unit got water logged and that's probably what caused this issue. I came across lots of comments about issues with the radio control units and cruise control units getting water logged and that seems are more likely culprit.

I'll let everyone know what I find out for sure when I've had a chance to fix it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Look for this connector behind the fairing:

remove the boot, drain it, jam it full of low temp grease, put boot on and seal w/ liquid electrical tape.

This is probably the cause. When mine was full of water, the bike would come on in ACC all by itself, radio controls wouldn't work, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
^^^... Yeah.. Gonna say, probably dirty or bad connection.. I'd definitely be starting there.. thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Those switches are notorious for crapping out in wet weather . Park it in the sun for a while or whack it on and off for a while with a blow dryer .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it was definitely the controls console that went out. Replaced that thing (about $130) and the problem is solved. Now the lower volume control works just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts