1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recently bought a set and think they are awesome looking. Probably some of the best looking mirrors I have seen. Unfortunately there is not enough adjustability in the up location to where they would work. I adjusted the hand controls but doing that put everything too far out of reach to where it just wasn't comfortable for me personally. If you search these mirrors you will see a lot of the same comments. I put my factory ones back on and am working with a local fabricator to see if he can take them apart and modify the guts to where I can adjust them higher. I believe a few folks have figured out some work arounds that are decent.

Larry C

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. I should add that I have raised my handlebars as far up as I could get them to go. I had to adjust my controls on each side as well to adjust for it. Don't know if this would make a difference with the Voodoo mirrors or not.

Redbone - what you stated was pretty much what I read when I did the search. Just was curious if the issue had changed or if anyone had found a fix.

VJ - those are some damn sharp mirrors, thanks for the link. Do you know if they come with all the hardware to install or would I have to buy some other adaptors to make them fit?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
O.K...... I need to chime in. I believe the VooDoo mirrors are the same as Noemtz once offered. He is one of our site sponsers. These are smaller than the Kuryakyn offerings and are finished in flat/satin black. Kuryakyn offerings are larger and finished in gloss black or chrome. Kuryakyn also offers the Scyth II mirrors without the sickle style stems which I like better but they do not come in black.

The Voodoo/Noemtz mirrors worked great on my XC. They matched the speaker grills nicely. Problem is they were a bit small as compared to every thing else about an XC. The Kuryakyn Scyth II pieces would fly off the shelf if they were done in black.

I wound up with the Arlen Ness Rad II mirrors (larger version). The Visibility is excellent just not unique.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was going to order these mirrors as well. But after a friend ordered them for his CCT and had the same issue, not enough upward adjustment, he sent them back. I really like the looks, but it has kept me from ordering them as well because this seems to be a common problem unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts