Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm getting real close to getting a vv, moving from an ultra classic. I'm curious if anyone uses aftermarket oil filters[used to use fram on a goldwing] or other than vic oil?...or the various syn-oils?Thanks for any responses. Dave

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
LOL....an oil question? LOL

First, welcome to the Victory Forums.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

I will move this thread to the Tech forum.

This is a very hot debated issue. IMO Victory oil only. Personally I use the Conquest Customs oil filter. I can re-use it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If I may give my 2 cents Vic oil is the only way to go. I figure if Lloyd from Lloydz says Vic Oil is the way to go I would take his word for itthumb up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oil

I use Amsoil full synthetic and my clutch is A LOT smoother. I would personally recommend it. I had the vic oil before and it didn't seem to work as well. I am sure it is good also. I use the napa oil filter, or WIX, pretty high end filter also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, thanks to all who replied to my oil inquiry. We picked up our VV yesterday, tradeing in our HD. The dealer we dealt with was 170 miles from home which made for a nice first ride, especially in the 95 degrees of Florida spring! smooooth. Anyway, tne best explanition of oil I have heard came from my dealer who says that Vics oil is the only one (?) formulated for the oil air coolingfunction...that the other oils actually let the temps run too high. Now obviously Victory can't tell you to use only their oil or they would have to give it to you; so for me vic oil will be just fine, my second would be rotella I think we are really going to enjoy the Vision plus it makes you smile just to look at it!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Congratulations. I'm not sure exactly where you are but when you are ready to start modifying that Vision a visit to our local Victory authority KevinX in Gainsville would be the thing to do!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Congratulations. I'm not sure exactly where you are but when you are ready to start modifying that Vision a visit to our local Victory authority KevinX in Gainsville would be the thing to do!!

His dealers explanation tells me he bought it at Best Buy in South Florida.
Please tell me he did not say anything about Vic oil working like freon*LOL*

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
His dealers explanation tells me he bought it at Best Buy in South Florida.
Please tell me he did not say anything about Vic oil working like freon*LOL*

:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr: Sounds like the dealer was trying to say what you have been saying all along but didn't have your technical vocabulary.

Kevin you have a PM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts