Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WA voters passed a new anti gun law that was sold to them as dealing with the transfer of weapons without getting a backround check. What they really got was something quite different.
Beware if you are in other states because you are probably next.

Here is a flow chart of how the law really works.
https://i.imgur.com/QLMj1Em.png

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yup! Right on and tks for the flow chart. Had not seen that before. Once you have read the law, you also realize it is gun registration at its finest. I have been told there is a suit coming down the pike that will challenge the law. Let us hope it gets defeated. Jim

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they will have much trouble raising money to help in the suit if it appears.
Never underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people:(

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
A lot of the chart makes sense if you are selling a firearm but the word "transfer" could be used a bunch of different ways.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
The Oregon legislature was working on a "gun transfer" bill during the last session, but thanks to the Herculean efforts of the Oregon Firearms Federation and its members (of which I am one) it died. Definitely was a sneaky and direct path to gun registration, which, so far, is illegal in Oregon. You wouldn't believe the lies and conniving on the part of the anti gun libs--absolutely disgusting behavior. I don't often use the word hate, but.......

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow, just did some research on I-594. Its going to makes it more difficult for all the law abiders and people who go about it legally purchasing and selling or trading firearms. But it still will not do squat about people who obtain them wrongfully and illegally. Wonder how many actual gun owners voted for it. My guess would be none. It looks like an initiative made by non-gun owners and non-sportsmen. I sure hope y'all can get it petitioned out. But who knows , I figured gun laws would be more relaxed in Australia by now also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts