Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the forum for a couple of weeks but decided to finally post. There is a lot of great information here. Winter here in Cincinnati has been somewhat on the mild side so far this year. I've seen more bikes than normal for this time of year. I probably would have been out a time or two myself except for the fact that I currently don't have possession of my 04 Kingpin. After going to a Victory Demo Ride, I realized that I liked my bike quite a bit. Most everything I rode was fine but I'm not really in the market for a Vision or XC although they are both exceptional. I was disappointed with the 2012 Kingpin. There was lots I liked about it but it was nowhere as comfortable as my 04. Because of this I decided to have some engine work done on my bike. I took the bike to Lloydz for a tweak or two. He should be finishing it up soon. Here is what I'm having done:

Big Bore Kit
Stroker Kit
495 Cams
Torque Tube Intake
Variable Clutch
PCIII Fuel Controller
Overdrive Pulley
High Rev Limiter Download

Lloyd is saying I should be around 125-130 HP with close to 130 ft-lbs of torque. CI will go from 92 to 114. He hasn't dynoed:confused: it yet so nothing definitive.

I also had my seat modified and have new billet wheels to install when I get it back. It probably won't seem like the same bike but I expect to have a lot of fun learning it again.

Ferta

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Makes sense, if you're happy with what you have throw some money at it and make it even better! You end up with a better bike fo a lot less $$ than a new bike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just need to make sure I keep it under me. It will be a big change in power.

I've read a bit in here about putting a hydraulic clutch on it. Apparently the kit for the 08 will work on an 04. Does anyone have any information or tricks on how to do this?

Ferta

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
Big Bore Kit
Stroker Kit
495 Cams
Torque Tube Intake
Variable Clutch
PCIII Fuel Controller
Overdrive Pulley
High Rev Limiter Download

Lloyd is saying I should be around 125-130 HP with close to 130 ft-lbs of torque. CI will go from 92 to 114. He hasn't dynoed:confused: it yet so nothing definitive.

Ferta
That puppy is going to be FAST! Can you tell us what the overall price to do this was? Ball park figure is fine. I'd love to do this someday.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the bike a couple of years ago with 754 miles on it from a guy that had been trying to sell it for 2-1/2 years. It had been garaged for years. He was desperate to sell it so I got it for $6,000. These engine mods are a bit further North of what I bought it for. I have added a few things before this, bags, windshield & lowers, Guard Dawg Keyless ignition, tach, Stage 1 kit, and more. Even with all of these things combined, I am still way under what a new bike would cost. Bikes can really become money pits if you don't watch out. Sometimes they become one even if you do. :D

Ferta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts