Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rediscovered riding after 35 years. Purchased a used Vegas last year, traded in for a Cross Roads that I have been waiting now for over a month from dealership......Am i getting jacked around or is it normal or just timing. They just keep delaying, saying bike being built. Nothing special added other than windshield. They have my money, not my bike......:(

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums!

The unfortunate downside with ordering is that if you aren't in a high volume area or have a small number of dealers in your region it takes a bit for deliveries. It's not cost effective for Victory to ship one bike at a time so they have to wait until they have enough orders (customer and dealer) to fill a truck before they send it out.

If your order goes past a time that you consider reasonable you should try to remain patient and try to squeeze some freebie accessories into the deal. You should be compensated for your loyalty, patience, and time!

Note that bag protection bars should be on the top of your list because they will minimize damage if/when you become a member of the TOC (tip over club). Since you're waiting anyways you should spend a little time to search for TOC so you can read posts and learn how to avoid it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer is one of the top 20 Vic dealers, and he is having trouble getting Vics in. He went from having almost 30 on the floor in March to right around 10 as of yesterday. He has Triumphs all day long, but he's having a tough time keeping Vics in. He gets them in 1-2 at a time now, and the trucks aren't as frequent as they were even 2 months ago. Amazingly, the black Judge he has in hasn't moved - I thought for sure that would be out the door in the first week.

I can't remember where I heard it, but Victory is allegedly 800 bikes behind at the factory. I don't think there is anything your dealer can do about it, just the cost of buying from an increasingly popular manufacturer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! Makes sense. Fairly new dealership. Appreciate the protection bars advice, really thought more for looks than TO protection. My first thought was to upgrade the pipes....any recommendations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you 2. Gives me a little more faith in the dealership.....anxioius to ride and start building.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Search the Cross Country Cross Roads section of the forum and you'll find out everything you need to know about exhaust. The main thing you'll find is that most think of the stage 1 as a waste since you can get a much better set plus a fuel controller for about the same $$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts