Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at buying one of two High Balls and I now find out both of them have liens. One is being financed through Harley Davidson..hehe Would it be possible to go to a HD dealer and both of us pay this off there? And then I assume all they would do is give me a transfer of ownership and proof that the lien was released?

Man, i was all excited to get one tomorrow but now I may have to go back to waiting for one to pop up.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
If buying new, do you have a trade? If so, then don't let them hornswaggle you with, "What do you want for your bike?" It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what the price of the new one is either. What does matter is what is the cash difference that you will have to cough up to leave him your biker and ride away with his. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
As RICZ says, what matters is your out of pocket expense. I just bought a Victory Vision and traded in my HD Road Glide. I have no idea what the new bike cost on paper, nor do I care what they gave me for my trade. What I do care about is the size of the check that I had to write to make the deal happen. In some cases that would be the size of the loan that you need to pay off, but in my case it was a cash deal. Who really cares what it says on paper, all of your costs are based on the difference in price between the trade and the new bike, not on some fictitious price or trade value.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Sales people have a good chuckle among themselves when they made a deal by making the customer think he got way over KBB for his trade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts