Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I'll try this again.

Its not advisable to put the 280 on the stock wheel. I have a 280 Metzler on a 18x10.5.

You will need to grind down the inside of the fender frame to clear the wheel. The wheel has some flex when cornering.

The other mod I recommend is to move your wiring harness to the side of the fender. Its a simple process and you just use zip ties to secure it. This will keep from ripping out the wiring harness in case you lower your bike and it bottoms out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

For some reason I can't get your pics. I really want to see your bike though. I read the list of things you've done to it. Would you please email the pics to [email protected] . There's not alot of tricked out Jackpots out there to look at. I just layed mine down so I'm having a lot of work done to it.

To answer your question I can't think of any pitfalls to the mod.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'll try this again.

Its not advisable to put the 280 on the stock wheel. I have a 280 Metzler on a 18x10.5.

You will need to grind down the inside of the fender frame to clear the wheel. The wheel has some flex when cornering.
Diamond is right, you'll need the 18x10.5 wheel and you'll have to do some grinding. The work needs to be done to the top fender brackets and the inside of the swingarm.

I have a 300mm attached, but even after the grinding, I can still rub a bit. I like to think that I'm the only person w/ a 299mm jackpot :D Speaking from experience, your much better off going with the 280. Its an awesome upgrade and you'll love it. Good luck

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Diamond is right, you'll need the 18x10.5 wheel and you'll have to do some grinding. The work needs to be done to the top fender brackets and the inside of the swingarm.

I have a 300mm attached, but even after the grinding, I can still rub a bit. I like to think that I'm the only person w/ a 299mm jackpot :D Speaking from experience, your much better off going with the 280. Its an awesome upgrade and you'll love it. Good luck
Sorry there are a couple of more out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts