Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Cross Country with normal MP3 cord in saddlebag. I want to run an IPod in same location and fully control it from handle bar controls. Don't want to use any Bluetooth. What do I need. it gets all confusing if ya do a search and all the Bluetooth mentioned..uuuuuugh. Any help will be appreciated.

Hammy

Ride safe ya all

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
2016 Cross Country with normal MP3 cord in saddlebag. I want to run an IPod in same location and fully control it from handle bar controls. Don't want to use any Bluetooth. What do I need. it gets all confusing if ya do a search and all the Bluetooth mentioned..uuuuuugh. Any help will be appreciated.

Hammy

Ride safe ya all
I have a tour and my iPod is in my left front lower storage area. Here is the iPod connector
https://www.amazon.com/Victory-Motorcycles-Cross-Country-Vision/dp/B0049VXNYQ

·
Registered
98 Posts
iPod

The dealer installed an iPod cable (30 pin) as part of my purchase. 2011 XC, my cable runs from inside the fairing to the right saddle bag. It is two different part numbers, one is long enough to reach from the radio to the are between the rear finder and the saddle bag, the other one plugs into it, and has a rubber seal for the inside wall of the saddle bag. Cost me nothing for the installation, done at first service. Maybe $100 from the dealer for both cables.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I'm very confused with clicking on the web links you guys posted, so a simple connection is 109 $ ¿? And what are the 2 white plugs for ?

Can somebody explain this is layman's terms ¿ I got a CCT and one of these funny looking plugs in the forward left fearing .... Very interested in this toppic

PS, I do not have any of this I-pod or I-phone stuff

Sooooo like the OP says... What can you connect or control if you don't have an I-phone....

I did buy and installed a GPS with blue-touth function...

Then I like to listen to the radio and ordered a antenna amplifier

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I'm very confused with clicking on the web links you guys posted, so a simple connection is 109 $ ¿? And what are the 2 white plugs for ?

Can somebody explain this is layman's terms ¿ I got a CCT and one of these funny looking plugs in the forward left fearing .... Very interested in this toppic

PS, I do not have any of this I-pod or I-phone stuff

Sooooo like the OP says... What can you connect or control if you don't have an I-phone....

I did buy and installed a GPS with blue-touth function...

If you have a flat looking adapter plug in the left front. Then you have an iPod connector already installed. Do a search for iPod connector for victory and you should find a picture of the connect. The two white connectors plug into the existing bike harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need victory part number 2878628, you do NOT need an extension cable. Also a apple branded 30 pin to lightning connector if you want to use any newer apple product.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
You need victory part number 2878628, you do NOT need an extension cable.
Correct. I have a Cross Country Tour, and the default location is in the left hand lower compartment. I just bough the extension because I keep the music in the saddlebag now.

Also a apple branded 30 pin to lightning connector if you want to use any newer apple product.
Also correct. Don't go 3rd-party. Yes, they're cheaper. No, they don't work as well.
Non-Apple adapters may allow you to charge, but many of them won't carry over the controls functionality. Spend the money and buy an official Apple adapter. I am currently using an old iPhone 5 as a music player only, and the Apple 30-pin-to-lightning-connector carries over all of the control functions.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
If you have a flat looking adapter plug in the left front. Then you have an iPod connector already installed. Do a search for iPod connector for victory and you should find a picture of the connect. The two white connectors plug into the existing bike harness.
Correct it is flat and a bit long... So I must find an adaptor to Bluetooth or USB stuff? And the volume control button should work....

Ok so the 2 white plugs are to the harness....

I will one day have to figure this stuff out....

How do you like my radio antenna amplifier ¿ when I will receive it then I will revert back on that...

·
Registered
27 Posts

Did the antenna amplifier make much difference ?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts

Did the antenna amplifier make much difference ?
I ordered this, so it takes time to arrive, the people who bought this were happy with this attenna booster, so I did not installed this yet

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Correct. I have a Cross Country Tour, and the default location is in the left hand lower compartment. I just bough the extension because I keep the music in the saddlebag now.

Also correct. Don't go 3rd-party. Yes, they're cheaper. No, they don't work as well.
Non-Apple adapters may allow you to charge, but many of them won't carry over the controls functionality. Spend the money and buy an official Apple adapter. I am currently using an old iPhone 5 as a music player only, and the Apple 30-pin-to-lightning-connector carries over all of the control functions.
I also have the CCT with that male connection in the left front glove compartment....

Option 1= So buy a second hand IPhone to play the music only ...

Option 2 = Original Apple stuff works better then others

Option 3 = A lightning connector (female to male) so does that connects to a Bluetooth or anything else?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I also put a booster on mine. I have the short antenna and though maybe that was impeding my reception. I dont think it helped. But I didnt float a loan for it neither. Hope yours works for you.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I also put a booster on mine. I have the short antenna and though maybe that was impeding my reception. I dont think it helped. But I didnt float a loan for it neither. Hope yours works for you.
Yeah, you see the price of that thing? super cheap ....

Anyway it is the only way to play music.... Over a disturbed radio, coz I do not have IPod stuff, Exept the CCT connection....

WHY there isn't just a female to Bluetooth adaptor.... GRRRRRRR

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Just received the lightning to 30-pin adapter , also I ordered the IPod gen4, I hope everything fits, I'm still confused with all these adaptor plugs,

just a question for you guys, but what iPod does have this 30-pin... Coz the iPod Gen4 that I ordered has this 8-pin connection as on the picture

Can't believe victory makes simple thinks Sooooo complicated.... Playing music has become a 6 months endeavor....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Antenna booster is a waste or time n money, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Antenna booster is a waste or time n money, in my opinion.
Maybe a antenna booster is a waist on money "" only 5.27 Singapore dollars "" ,

But even after spending all that money on @$"'/* iPod's and idiotic connection cables to play music I still don't know if it will work ... Every stereo has USB connection or Bluetooth or just a sound-jack.....

Noooooo at Victory motorcycle you need to get on the forums to figure out what to buy and even then you still need a adaptor.... Pfffffffff

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Just received the lightning to 30-pin adapter , also I ordered the IPod gen4, I hope everything fits, I'm still confused with all these adaptor plugs,

just a question for you guys, but what iPod does have this 30-pin... Coz the iPod Gen4 that I ordered has this 8-pin connection as on the picture

Can't believe victory makes simple thinks Sooooo complicated.... Playing music has become a 6 months endeavor....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

I use the same adapter on my XCT and an original iPhone 5. Works great, full control from handlebars. Definitely spend the extra and buy the genuine Apple product, many knockoffs will just charge and send audio and nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I use the same adapter on my XCT and an original iPhone 5. Works great, full control from handlebars. Definitely spend the extra and buy the genuine Apple product, many knockoffs will just charge and send audio and nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes I bought the adapter from an Apple Store in TelAviv it was 169 shackel including postage ... So that is 47 U$D

The gen4 is comming from the USA, don't know it it will arrive before I fly back home....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
262 Posts
A little late to the discussion, but if you have a 3.5mm cable already and the ipod is Bluetooth capable, You can save yourself a shitton of cash and aggravation and grab a Satechi Button Remote. I have one on my cross roads with an iphone 4 in the saddlebags as the ipod. Works perfectly. I made a bracket, and mounted it to the holes where the CCT audio controls would go.

$30 is $30

https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Bluetooth-Button-iPhone-Samsung/dp/B00RM75NL0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493998318&sr=8-3&keywords=satechi+remote

1 - 20 of 70 Posts