Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Glyn. I have a Victory Vegas Jackpot 2006. I just recently installed an after market exhaust Bassani 2 into 1. Sounds great but it has a nasty backfire! I am wanting to complete this process with a new different air box and remap module for the injectors. I'd like to know if this would be a good stopping point for performance enhancements and could anyone recommend the specific components I'm condidering and would they compliment each other?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Glyn,
Take this advice for what it's worth. I would say the best performance mod I have made to date hands down is the S&S air cleaner kit. It's not cheap ($400 installed) but virtually cured my backfire or lean pop. S&S claims that it is up to a 20HP gain. My dealer seemed to think that the claim was a bit aggresive but everyone will agree that it is a difference you can feel. I think 10HP is a bit more realistic. The kit will come with a new ECU program download that slams the fuel too it to compensate for the increased airflow. If you have the big bucks take a look at the stroker kit ($2400). From what I hear it will pick the front end of your bike up from just punching it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts