Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the full service manual but the wiring diagram is too small to read as I get older. I haven't been able to locate an electronic copy of the manual either. I've found just about every other year except 2011. When wiring diagrams of other years products there's too many chances of minor changes that would foul up any troubleshooting or rewiring.

Does anyone have a data file of the 2011 Kingpin wiring diagram you can PM me?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the full service manual but the wiring diagram is too small to read as I get older. I haven't been able to locate an electronic copy of the manual either. I've found just about every other year except 2011. When wiring diagrams of other years products there's too many chances of minor changes that would foul up any troubleshooting or rewiring.

Does anyone have a data file of the 2011 Kingpin wiring diagram you can PM me?

Thanks
I can probably get you one! Let me see if I can find one in the morning. I'll let you know!

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
One thing I've done is take a PDF (thanks Bob for the link) and using my mouse highlight an area to print then print it larger. You can go to a place that does copying or printing..like a FedEx office :wink and they will do a copy for a few bucks. They can blow an 8.5 X 11.5 up to a 36X24 in color....

BTW, I'm with you...I keep a magnifying glass in my tool box :laugh

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks all, I am well aware of my options on what I can do with the data file. Right now I'm just trying to get the right one. The manual I have is adequate but using a magnifying glass is a bit of a pain. The lighting is not so great in the garage. Photocopying and enlarging causes blurring so that's out and while my photoshop skills aren't too bad, splicing the pic's together into a single document would be a major pain.

I've installed and troubleshot advanced communication equipment for 40 years and know that there can be changes from one batch (year) to the next. Variances in colour code and pin-outs make the wrong wiring plans worse than useless. Yes when troubleshooting you can trace 95% of that stuff out but that's a slow and ineffective method best left for 1950's tractors. When problems are serious I also like a paper copy that can be written on while going through the process.

Just seems strange I can locate almost every other year except 2011. The dealer should have that on their electronic copy of the manual but I doubt my local one would put a few pages on a memory stick for me. If nothing comes up I'll start with a 2012 and take the time to visually verify everything. That will take a few hours but it would be worth it to me to do that. May even get a poster made and stick in on the garage wall. I'd like to have that "just in case" but with any luck I'll never have to use it and it will remain a nice piece of art for the work space.

Thanks again for all your input lady and gents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts