Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with non working Cross Country 2012-14 turn signals. I will pay shipping and nominal fee for them.
Must be unshattered. Singles or Pairs. Need several for fabrication testing

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Pray tell, what are you fabricating? Inquiring minds want to know.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
After beating my brain, ebay, amazon. the forums and my wallet on how to create a unique lighting package for my cross country without hosing the electrical system or reducing safety.

Then it hit me, many but not all mods are like internet domain names. You think you have a uniquie idea, but when you look someone has already beat you to the punch.

So, why not keep it simple and use what i had to satisfy my urge to have sometiong different, yet eliminate any electrical issues associated with changing the characterristics of the original design.

My Mod:
Used my existing turn signals (Just a Red Lens) and Lower Bag Fillers , just repositioned the existing turn signals

Materials:
Lower bag fillers
Stock turn signals (Relocating will require fender modification)
demmel or cut off wheel
Soldering iron
Various metal files

Result: Need to Mod Satisfied, A New Look with a unchanged OEM Electical Design.

Im sure this mod has been done before, but its my first time. Wish I would have thought of it soonner it would have saved me some time and money.

The fairing is next. I dont think it will be hard, just scarier. I dont want to ruin a $1000 dollar part.

Attachments

·
12,983 Posts
they look great thumb upthumb up

I have seen some fairings where they drilled holes and added 10 or 15 little LEDs

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they look great thumb upthumb up

I have seen some fairings where they drilled holes and added 10 or 15 little LEDs
There were so many different options, but I was concerned about safety and crapping out my ABS and Crusie Control.

So with using the stock signals I dont loose anything or risk introducing something i dont understand.

Thank for the Tip.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
After beating my brain, ebay, amazon. the forums and my wallet on how to create a unique lighting package for my cross country without hosing the electrical system or reducing safety.

Then it hit me, many but not all mods are like internet domain names. You think you have a uniquie idea, but when you look someone has already beat you to the punch.

So, why not keep it simple and use what i had to satisfy my urge to have sometiong different, yet eliminate any electrical issues associated with changing the characterristics of the original design.

My Mod:
Used my existing turn signals (Just a Red Lens) and Lower Bag Fillers , just repositioned the existing turn signals

Materials:
Lower bag fillers
Stock turn signals (Relocating will require fender modification)
demmel or cut off wheel
Soldering iron
Various metal files

Result: Need to Mod Satisfied, A New Look with a unchanged OEM Electical Design.

Im sure this mod has been done before, but its my first time. Wish I would have thought of it soonner it would have saved me some time and money.

The fairing is next. I dont think it will be hard, just scarier. I dont want to ruin a $1000 dollar part.
Nice work! Sure beats the 200 I paid for my Yafee's

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work! Sure beats the 200 I paid for my Yafee's
Those Yaffes are sweet! You can't go wrong with them. I think the Mod i am doing will read similar from the backend of the bike.

They were on my short list when I noticed the little slot opening on the tail light and after a litle probing found that the LED was a self contained unit in a molded shell.

They have a slight curve so putting on the lower bag filler was the perfect spot.

Time permitting i will be ready for paint in a week or two. I will an update then.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yeah, I did the exact same mod with Yaffe's

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Thanks I application the compliment. Changes coming soon. Just busy on the trike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts