Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had been looking for a hammer the last couple of weeks, and had seen a couple of 05's that had me interested at about $4,000.

But then i saw a 2013 Vegas under 10,000 miles and the guy let me have it for $5,000 bucks. How could i pass this up i told myself.

Well here i am, its got brand new tires, shinko sr777's. Not sure if that woukd have been my choice but they are new.

I am loving this thing, Its got some mean torque and HP for a cruiser. Only thing i noticed is when i give it full throttle i hear what sounds like marbles hitting metal under me. I think i remember hearing this when i owned an old buell that was air cooled. Is this a normal sound?

Other then that it rode wonderfully right after i bought it and drove it about 45 miles in some backroad twisties. Anyways im pretty happy, Ill be here looking up ways to spend all my monies!

Also what is that metal box right where kickstand rests when its up?

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
create.gif
That's is a good buy you will have many fun miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
"Only thing i noticed is when i give it full throttle i hear what sounds like marbles hitting metal under me." sounds like timing is to advanced and PINGING ! Try running hi octane fuel in it and see if that stops the PINGING!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I second Jethro.

Sounds like you have pinging. Go up a level on octane.

I run mid grade.

Nice bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i got a feeling the previous owner might have been using just regular gas, and he did not ride much because of an injury. Maybe old gas or just plain 87. Highest i get here is 91. I filled up about half a tank when i got it. Ill just take it easy until i get a few tanks of 91 through it. It was also 102 degrees if that makes any differance.

·
12,970 Posts
You can use some seafoam read can on how much. Will clean up old gas and injectors

On the black can by kickstand thats a CA smog device. You can take it off and block off the hoses

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took it for a 100 mile drive and filled her up after. no more pinging. must have been the gas

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
heat + load have a major effect on the tendency to ping. lean fueling can contribute as well, if it happens with the 91 oct check if an adjustable timing wheel was installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heat + load have a major effect on the tendency to ping. lean fueling can contribute as well, if it happens with the 91 oct check if an adjustable timing wheel was installed.
I was thinking that it being 102 degrees that day might have had a role in the pinging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts