Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently hacksawed open two oil filters, one a Victory Brand and the other a "Carquest" brand. Both filters are made by Parker and look identical. I don't know if Carquest is nationwide but is very popular in southern Nevada.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I recently hacksawed open two oil filters, one a Victory Brand and the other a "Carquest" brand. Both filters are made by Parker and look identical. I don't know if Carquest is nationwide but is very popular in southern Nevada.
Huh? Is the Car Quest filter suppose to be cheaper or something? Do you have the part number of the CarQuest filter so that we could look it up, etc?

·
12,970 Posts
why not do a WIX filter p/n 51356 there might be only ten thousand of us running this filter.

So you cut the filter open are you trying to tell us what you found in the papers of the filter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh? Is the Car Quest filter suppose to be cheaper or something? Do you have the part number of the CarQuest filter so that we could look it up, etc?
CARQUEST runs a special sale every year and I stock up for all my vehicles. I believe I paid about $3.60 for the filter. Their part # is 85356. I wasted my money changing the filter and the oil as I had the oil analized and it was in specs except for a moisture level to high which they say is common for air cooled engine. I had 4500 on the oil change. CARQUEST claims these are Wix filters. I will bet only a small number of companys make filters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why not do a WIX filter p/n 51356 there might be only ten thousand of us running this filter.

So you cut the filter open are you trying to tell us what you found in the papers of the filter
I cut open filters from time to time like the aircraft people do. I found a very clean filter, actually I feel the only thing I accomplished changing the filter was getting more used oil changed. I also get the oil analyzed from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts