Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have bought many things from them in the past and always great....until now.

Ordered a new TomTom Rider.... Never got confirm email, but did get Paypal confirm No problem, logged in and showed order. Days go by shows in stock, not shipped. Called they said can't ship for 2 weeks, say they sent me an email asking if I wanted to wait or cancel.... Nope. No email and I checked junk. Told them to cancel. Said nope, need to email them! Can't cancel verbally????

3 emails later not canceled or refunded.

Paypal dispute filed. Paypal now fighting with them.

Buyer Beware.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I have ordered from them in the past too with good results and they are the first ones I usually check for pricing and availability. Probably still will unless some other bad stories pop up.

It's a problem when .coms go bad or disappear. Makes you wonder how some are worth hundreds of millions of dollars. There is nothing there.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Have bought many things from them in the past and always great....until now.

Ordered a new TomTom Rider.... Never got confirm email, but did get Paypal confirm No problem, logged in and showed order. Days go by shows in stock, not shipped. Called they said can't ship for 2 weeks, say they sent me an email asking if I wanted to wait or cancel.... Nope. No email and I checked junk. Told them to cancel. Said nope, need to email them! Can't cancel verbally????

3 emails later not canceled or refunded.

Paypal dispute filed. Paypal now fighting with them.

Buyer Beware.
I've bought from them for years and have not had one single problem in fact they've bent over backward to make me happy. I recommend them to friends and they've had nothing but good experiences with them.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I put in one order with these fellas , after 4 months went by and still no part I cancelled the order and got a refund . They simply could not supply the part they had advertised . Refund was quick and in full . I ordered it at another vendor and had it in 2 days , go figure .....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As an update they called me after getting my Paypal dispute. They claim they have been emailing me but they seem to have server problem and the emails to me aren't going out from their server, even when they tried 3 different accounts for me. No, not in my junk folders. They claim they never got paypal emails from me, but they logged in an saw them on the system. The dispute DID reach them. They are willing to refund, but Accountant only comes in on Sundays?? Now they claim they "may" be able to ship GPS today.

Not sure why they can't email me, or why only Paypal disputes reach them, but as I said, I used them in the past but this doesn't sit well. Make your own choices, I never said don't use them, only sharing.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of not intentionally wanting to screw the customer, but just a severe lack of communication between systems and departments.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Unless they are Amazon, companies running .com products out of a warehouse are small operations that either just order from their supplier to you or are simply relaying shipments as a middleman. Not very big and not many employees. Some run with one person such as one who posted here regularly. An accountant that has another job and only comes in on Sunday? No, this wasn't internal communication problem. This was a supply problem combined with wanting to keep the money in the bank.

These problems are why PayPal exists.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Unless they are Amazon, companies running .com products out of a warehouse are small operations that either just order from their supplier to you or are simply relaying shipments as a middleman. Not very big and not many employees. Some run with one person such as one who posted here regularly. An accountant that has another job and only comes in on Sunday? No, this wasn't internal communication problem. This was a supply problem combined with wanting to keep the money in the bank.

These problems are why PayPal exists.
This sounds just like the issue I had ... They just couldn't supply the part . I now check inventory on everything I order from anywhere , so I know up front the short term outcome .

·
13,247 Posts
run away from them. A company that big should have good internet server and account that only comes in on sunday. Not good

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
A big indicator is shipping dates. If their policy is "Ships within 7 - 10 business days" or longer, they don't have the stock. They are reordering from the maker or another distribution level. Any delays upstream in the order just add to your wait.

Yes it is a good idea to always ask if the items are in stock however it's the fast turnover places that are the cheapest. You will find that suppliers who have laid out the expense for warehouse space, on-hand stock and employees are rarely the among the least expensive options.

Just an FYI on a personal direction, some of the deals from a .com on parts etc are discontinued, blemished, or aged items. Electronics and shiny bits are fine but I would never buy tires from one of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts