Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm being over-cautious but I've never had a garment with such a big patch on it and I just don't want to wreck it by doing something wrong, so you guys are my go-to. My lady says I'll be fine if I just button it up, turn it inside out, wash it on a gentle cycle, and air dry it. But she's never dealt with a patch this large either so there may be tricks. What say you?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why take a chance with something you will only wash once a year? Take it to the dry cleaners and pay the $5 or whatever they charge these days.
That was my first instinct too BBob but I wondered if I was over-fretting. Is it that easy to screw up?

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
If they screw it up, at least they're on the hook for it.

·
13,262 Posts
Am guessing there is no label telling how to clean it.
I have some embroidered patch on jackets and been caught in some good downpours with never a problem
I do think cold water and air dry would be the best.

Reactions: rainman123

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nope, no label.
But there is an update - the day I bought that shirt a buddy had ridden up to Laconia with me from the Cape and bought a nearly identical one with the same patch. I called his wife who said hell yes she's washed it, a few times, with no ill effects. She says if I just use cold water on the gentle cycle I'll be fine. Let it air dry and nothing will fade, run, pucker, fray, curl or unravel. His colors haven't changed and his giant patch is still flat and smooth. The only other thing she recommended was turning it inside out before ironing, or ironing thru a paper bag. I can do that. Gee I feel better now. They say there's no stupid questions, just stupid looks when you find out the answer is super simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts