Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all riders. We have a Victory Cross Country, the color is Nuclear Sunset with the Suede finish. We know that we cannot apply wax to the paint but we need reliable information on what to use to wash the bike. We do not have any chrome, (all other components are black out.)
Appreciate assistance with this.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I use non abrasive car wash soap or mild dishwashing detergent to clean my matte finish , then a spray and wipe down with wizards matte finish enhancer .

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Hello all riders. We have a Victory Cross Country, the color is Nuclear Sunset with the Suede finish. We know that we cannot apply wax to the paint but we need reliable information on what to use to wash the bike. We do not have any chrome, (all other components are black out.)
Appreciate assistance with this.
A touchy subject...I never was my Vegas, just use a spray on wipe off detailer, but mines shiny and chrome.
For the flat bikes I think Vic makes a special cleaner,
In the past I had a flat black '59 Chrysler and I used warm water with a good splash of kerosene in it, an old spraypainter told me the kero 'feeds' the paint.
If you do hose the bike go sparingly, some electrics dobt like water, mines ok in the rain, so it gets a bit of a wash when it rains.
Best thing you can do in my opinion is seperate
any accessible connections and apply some di-electric grease to the insides of the connectors.
On my Vegas the black box below the oil cooler is very susceptible to water flung from front tyre so Ive smearef liquid electrical tape over the outsides as well where the wires go into the connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts