Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Cross Country suede nuclear sunset. After I wash the bike, the NAV engages and cuts the stereo. I do not have navigation. And surges for a couple of hours after. Thoughts? I live 164 miles from the closest dealer.

·
13,231 Posts
Either take it to dealer and tell him or start pulling all your wire connectors and give them a light layer of dielectric grease to prevent water getting in. Even us the grease on turn signal bulbs.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yep blower and a 100 MPH ride up the interstate and there will no moisture anywhere on your bike.:ltr::ltr:thumb upcheers

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I have owned this bike for 6 years and I have taken a hose/soap/water to the bike 4 times since I owned it.

That said, my bike is ALWAYS this clean. Back of the rotors, brake calipers... looking like new... no water hose and I don't spend a lot of time on it.

Seriuosly... it's not a car.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have owned this bike for 6 years and I have taken a hose/soap/water to the bike 4 times since I owned it.

That said, my bike is ALWAYS this clean. Back of the rotors, brake calipers... looking like new... no water hose and I don't spend a lot of time on it.

Seriuosly... it's not a car.
What he said. I can wash my 8 Ball in less than 5 minutes!

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
You guys don't live on a dirt road in GA.
I was born in Columbus and grew up in Macon when there were more red clay roads in Bibb County than paved. I now live in a county in NC that has 5 RED LIGHTS! YES-- 5 RED LIGHTS IN THE COUNTY OF GREENE, NC. Look it up! Population of 15,000. I list eastern NC because nobody knows Snow Hill. I know about dirt, red clay and rural stuff. You can clean a bike without a waterfall. :Dcheers

BTW-- still have family in Cochran, Dawson and Canton.:) Ride safe.thumb up

·
Registered
837 Posts
Let me see if I can add something else to this subject and not sound like a jerk this time.:eek: We all get caught in the rain and our bikes do need water washing at times. Water will not make our Vics melt. However, something I read in in my Harley manual a while back makes a lot of sense. High pressure washing should never be used. Even the nozzle on a garden hose is too much as it forces water into cracks and open areas. A trickle of water with little or no pressure will wash off the same amount of suds a steam jenny will. It will actually do a better job of washing off the detergent. Just be patient. Even a home pressure washer will hurt the paint if you are not careful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts