Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screw that... changing their name.
Just make a redskin potato their new mascot.

Did ya notice that Zero did it again...
Look at my other hand while I nail ya without lube.

All this **** going on in this country, and he's makin' a fuss about the Redskins.

Didn't W name that football team???

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Its a distraction from the important stuff that he's stonewalling. He's very experienced in that department.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
HHHMMMMM .... Haven't they been the Redskins for decades ? What the **** is the problem now? What changed from 40 years ago till now? Why wasn't this a problem then? I'm surprise LoserBama doesn't want to change the Patriots name , "Patriots" !!! We cant have a bunch of Patriots playing Football , Obama is an asshole , I cant stand the sight of him and certainly not the sound of his voice. He is so arrogant , its sickening. Maybe he should just do his job , Actually, no , he will just mess that up too . How bout we change the Redskins name the the Washington Liberals ? Now , that's more like it .... Blah BLah Blah....

·
Registered
153 Posts
I could give 2 shits about what Obama thinks about this issue, however being 1/4 Cherokee myself I understand where this is considered offensive to Native Americans. And no, this isn't new, the Native Americans have been asking professional sports teams as well as college teams to change their names for over 20 years The term "Redskin" was a racial slur 200 years ago and to many American, not just Native Americans, it's considered a racial slur now. I am not involved with my heritage so I am not offended by it, just adding some perspective.

Part of the issue is there are high schools on reservations that use the team name of Redskin so in my mind until that is corrected they should leave the outsiders alone. To me that's like people of color using the "N" word and saying its ok because they're black or a homosexual using the derogatory "F" word. Either way is just wrong.

I personally don't use any racial slurs or comment on people's gender, race or for that matter religious or sexual orientation, I just prefer to live and let live.

Hope nobody takes this as a soapbox rant, wasn't meant that way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Shanex I'm in agreement , But the Redskins football team name is in no way meant to be derogatory , thus should not be offensive to anybody with half a brain. Maybe we should call them the "Thinskins" ?! :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Shanex I'm in agreement , But the Redskins football team name is in no way meant to be derogatory , thus should not be offensive to anybody with half a brain. Maybe we should call them the "Thinskins" ?! :D
No, I don't think it was originally meant to be offensive but because its considered a racial slur by many I understand all the huh bub but I think they should get their own house in order 1st

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
It has come to being that being offended is considered by many a Constitutional Right. That frame of mind has brought about Political Correctness, one of those devices that will undermine this society that my generation and those before have worked hard to establish. RIP

·
Registered
153 Posts
It has come to being that being offended is considered by many a Constitutional Right. That frame of mind has brought about Political Correctness, one of those devices that will undermine this society that my generation and those before have worked hard to establish. RIP
So if you were a black man and you had been in the service and fought for your country you wouldn't have a problem being called the "N" word?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have a few black friends , one of them , my best friend . They find it amusing to call me nigga , not the derogatory N word but the socially accepted n word . I'm not offended in the least . If there was a team called the Whiteskins , that's great. My 3 year old grandson wants a cap gun , I still have mine from when I was a kid , he likes it , I cant even find one in any store to buy one... Pathetic . :( The world is changing , and not for the better. Now you cant bring a ball to school or play tag cause some kid might get a Boo Boo while playing , who in the **** is coming up with this wussiefication of our country? My grandson is gonna be tuff as nails , in this wimpy world we live in if I have any say in it ....thumb up

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a few black friends , one of them , my best friend . They find it amusing to call me nigga , not the derogatory N word but the socially accepted n word . I'm not offended in the least . If there was a team called the Whiteskins , that's great. My 3 year old grandson wants a cap gun , I still have mine from when I was a kid , he likes it , I cant even find one in any store to buy one... Pathetic . :( The world is changing , and not for the better. Now you cant bring a ball to school or play tag cause some kid might get a Boo Boo while playing , who in the **** is coming up with this wussiefication of our country? My grandson is gonna be tuff as nails , in this wimpy world we live in if I have any say in it ....thumb up
I totally agree with ya on the wussification of kids, I see so many teenagers now obese and goofy looking with horrible skin and no desire to do anything, personally I blame lazy parents and video games, out kids had to earn their video game time by doing yard work or washing the cars, or hell sometimes we just took em outside to play catch, my wife originally didn't like my tough attitude until she volunteered at the high school and saw up close the other kids

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
So if you were a black man and you had been in the service and fought for your country you wouldn't have a problem being called the "N" word?

Certainly I would, but I have been called names too, and I usually reply, If you really knew me, you would not have said that. That usually takes the name caller aback and begins a discussion. Having a thick skin can be a wonderful asset.
I lived in a very black neighborhood for a few years back in the early 70s. I heard the N word tossed about aggressively several times each day and I had also been called a racist more times than I like as that is not who I am. If I was a racist, I would never have moved there. I was taught not to judge on appearances and taught my kids that too.
Races can not have it both ways; respect is an earned thing, it can not be demanded, although we try to do that through legislation. If people of color can not respect one another, how can they expect outsiders to do so?
Lastly, until we can abolish ignorance, we will have hate and stupidity in our ranks.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
+1 on the wussification of boys. I like the term Metrosexuals as these seem to be a product of cities. I see them driving about using their hand like women drivers do; playing with their hair, plucking their lips, etc.. I ask boys that don't know how to use tools what do their dads do in their spare time and they reply, play video games. Thank gawd my father taught me how to properly use and take care of tools from about age five on. Today's kids are so fixated on having some sort of GD screen in front of them that they aren't interested in getting a drivers license, something all of us here could not wait to get our hands on. Even the car makers know this and that's why they've come out with cutsie models that appeal to the kiddies, they hope.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It IS sad that the world continues to change in ways that we don't like but that's a great gesture of giving your cap gun to your grandson so that he can build great memories the same way you were able too. thumb up As for not being able to find the caps themselves, you might want to try the tourist traps like the shops in Lake Lure or one of the "western towns" that still promote playing cowboys and Indians

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I have good memories of Lake Lure. The club I belong to - Motorcycle Touring Association (mtariders.com) - had a rally there a few years back. What great rides we had around there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts