Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a new Victory Vision 2008, when I made my first oil change I notice the oil was brown. I had only ridden the bike from the dealership, about 2 miles. Will there be any potential problems with the bike?I have change the oil 3 times within the last five hundred miles and gotten all of the old oil out. Any other suggestions would help.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Usually , water in oil has a milky look ... If there was water in your oil there couldn't be much as it would have to be derived from condensation ... You may be over thinking this ...;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dummies at dealership

The bike sat at the dealer ship for a feww months. The would just pull it out of the garage and park it on the lot. The victory dealership in ark said that that would cause the crank case sweat and the foul oil might ruin one of the transmission bearings.

·
Registered
301 Posts
take it back !!!!!!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I see many car and bike dealerships start engines just to move 'em out and back every day. I can not think of anything worse you can do to an engine short of deliberate sabotage. The crankcase and exhaust system gets warm then cools, causing condensation to accumulate and do its nasty work. That's why its never a good idea to start up an engine and run it for a few minutes during winter hibernation. It takes a ride/drive of about a half hour to cook off the water and that's prolly why your bike had some in the oil, mcpapadoc.

·
13,247 Posts
So does the oil look normal now.
Did you change filter with each oil change.
Its a shame you didn't take it to dealer right away so they could see the oil. Now you would have a hard time proving there was water in oil if you ever had a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i agree, condensation, it needs a good warm up ride , 5 minutes is no where near enough.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts