Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with waterproof boot riding experience? Are they comfortable when the weather is not raining and the heat is around 80? Are they worth the protection when taking a longer tour (1450 mile Lake Superior Circle Tour)?

·
Registered
336 Posts
In a decade and over 100k miles of professional riding, with many of my days starting out in a thunderstorm, I have yet to find a boot where waterproof and comfortable on a warm day co-exist. For that matter, I haven't found rain gear that will do it either. Some are better than others, but the most practical for me has always been the rubber slip overs for whatever boot I happen to be wearing for the weather conditions. Rainy and 40 and rainy and 80 are two different worlds when you are spending hour after hour in the saddle.

Good luck with your search and I would be interested in seeing what kind of test period people have had when they give their responses. Anything is doable for an hour or two in moderate rain once or twice a year.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a decade and over 100k miles of professional riding, with many of my days starting out in a thunderstorm, I have yet to find a boot where waterproof and comfortable on a warm day co-exist.

...the most practical for me has always been the rubber slip overs for whatever boot I happen to be wearing for the weather conditions.
Thanks for the rubber slip over suggestion. Easier and lighter to pack without the need for two pairs of boots or one uncomfortable pair when the rain stops.

I have learned that waiting out a rain under a gas station canopy is smarter than getting soaked, but some rains are all day events.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
In a decade and over 100k miles of professional riding, with many of my days starting out in a thunderstorm, I have yet to find a boot where waterproof and comfortable on a warm day co-exist.
I must be unusual. I wear waterproof textile gear and waterproof boots anytime I tour and neither bother me any. Usually, I try to head for the mountains where it's cooler though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have had these roa a year or so now and they haven't let me down.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/fly-milepost-sport-touring-boots

Some of the reviews whine about getting wet, but so far I haven't had that happen. Comfortable enough to walk in too. They run wide, so my EE feet fit in them, a little snug but comfortable. They also run about a half size small. YMMV
These are the first pair of dedicated MC boots I have found that I would buy again. oh, I've tried them out in well above 80 degree weather.

Happy hunting

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I've been wearing these SIDI boots for a while, probably less than 10,000 miles.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-canyon-gore-tex-boots

They are very waterproof. I've been in several downpours with no leakage.

They are a bit warmer than my plain leather boots. While at Americade earlier this month I bought a pair of Sokz brand socks. The woman selling them touted them as being wonderful for biking. 15 bucks a pair! What the hell i'll try them. Wow! Quite a bit of difference. Went back and bought a couple more pair. I have ridden a few thousand miles since I bought them. Mostly hot and humid weather. Much cooler and happier feet!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I use Frog Togg slip overs.

My boots have to be *nice* enough to wear with my slacks at work as we are required to wear over-the-ankle footwear to get onto the base. Therefore, my boots are not what most would consider boots, but they are comfortable and I use them for everyday riding as well. The Frog Toggs have served me well in more than one rain storm. Easy to pack too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My boots need to be multi-taskers, work/riding/hiking/fishing, I can't work in a pair of SIDIs or hike in harness boots and they're not usually available in size 15. I've been getting composite toe, water proof, side zipper boots that are light and comfortable + they don't break the bank. These are the ones I'm wearing right now & will wear when I leave on tour next week. Very comfortable boot-lots of cushion & never over heated in them.

http://www.magnumboots.com/us/product-stealth-force-8-0-sz-wpi-black.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts