Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at purchasing a pair of gloves for the rainy rides. There are so many gloves out there. What is proven to be a good waterproof glove to look at?

·
13,262 Posts
go to a place that sells jet skies maybe there

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Reactions: kezzy39

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Why not use some thin leather gloves. I love the pair I have been using for more than 5 years (same pair)....they are deerskin...yes they get wet, but they do NOT effect gripping the handlebars nor do they get in the way when riding with wet gloves... And when you do get off...they are so flexible and pliable all you have to do is to just WRING them out and they are ready to go again. I LOVE THESE GLOVES.

If you're interested in leather...very RIDEABLE leather gloves (that are great in cold weather too with a liner), then these are THE GLOVES to get. I bought about 4 pair 5 years ago...still on my first pair.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
arkiebiker, did you intend to put links in your post? If so, they did not appear. If you just meant to refer to leather gloves in general, then never-mind.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Why not use some thin leather gloves. I love the pair I have been using for more than 5 years (same pair)....they are deerskin...yes they get wet, but they do NOT effect gripping the handlebars nor do they get in the way when riding with wet gloves... And when you do get off...they are so flexible and pliable all you have to do is to just WRING them out and they are ready to go again. I LOVE THESE GLOVES.

If you're interested in leather...very RIDEABLE leather gloves (that are great in cold weather too with a liner), then these are THE GLOVES to get. I bought about 4 pair 5 years ago...still on my first pair.
Was there supposed to be a link in this message?
I'm looking for another set of deerskin riding gloves also, but I haven't seen any reasonably priced ones in black.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Guys...yeah, I forgot to add the link. Joe, depends on what your idea of "reasonably" priced is regarding these gloves. These are $34.95 a pair. BUT they are worth every bit of it. When I purchased mine, I think I ended up getting about 30 pair of them (5 years or so ago)...I ordered for several of the members of my website. Also, the gloves back then were (if memory serves me right) about $25 a pair. I made a deal for a bulk order of about $20 a pair...a killer deal and that's why I bought so many pair. But I checked after I wrote my last post...I bought 5 pair, but I must have given some away at one of our parties...cause I got 3 pair left. The ones I have been wearing for 5+ years and 2 unopened packages that I am keeping.

BUT...if I only had one pair and lost them. I would STILL buy these again...even at this price.

Here's the link:
Gloves, Motorcycle, Deerskin, Short cuff - Chaps

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Kezzy your being in Winterpeg means the snowmobile season is over when, about June isn't it? Hit one of the snowmobile shops for their year-end sales and you might find a good deal at one of them. You're after dry, not warm, so it would probably be the last they'd sell out of. Watch out for the prices though. Those guys get ripped off at the stealers more than us two wheelers.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actuall rode on Monday +15 C and the snow was almost gone. Then we got dumped on.

"KITEBOY" Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts