Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

1st post. Been out of riding for a number of years - thought it was time to get back in. Looked at Harley's - they didn't fit me. Discovered Victory - no comparison. I'm a tall rider, and the XR fits great... for any of you with long legs, this is the one. Controls can be adjusted more forward (or to the rear - 3 different spots), and floorboards rock.

Look forward to joining and contributing to the community.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Congrats! I'm a two Harley owner and just swapped a high-ball for a hard-ball which is essentially an XR with apes. I know exactly what you're saying. Enjoy all that room.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Not only enjoying the room, but also the strong stock motor! Want to get some miles on it then get to the pipes, etc... I'll be searching the forums for info.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Congrats
Lets see some picts....thumb up

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, I give. Can't figure out how to post the pic on this mac - only option is to inert a URL. I'll try again tomorrow... Thanks for the congrats.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Over 4 years on my XR, so I'm here to say you made a great choice. Whatever mods you do, be sure it includes Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. Wowzers!
You might want to think about making that pretty bike even prettier with my laydown license plate bracket. You don't want that billboard OEM one goofing up the looks, do ya? Click the link in my sig below.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Pretty bike, but still has that ugly stand up license plate, ugh! Click the link in my signature to see the solution for that visual problem. And its black to boot!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hey Folks,

1st post. Been out of riding for a number of years - thought it was time to get back in. Looked at Harley's - they didn't fit me. Discovered Victory - no comparison. I'm a tall rider, and the XR fits great... for any of you with long legs, this is the one. Controls can be adjusted more forward (or to the rear - 3 different spots), and floorboards rock.

Look forward to joining and contributing to the community.
Another happy customer. Why am I not surprised?

One mod you may want to check out is an MRA windscreen. If you want to keep it sporty that's a great option. To me, riding sans windscreen is great if you're going to stick to backroads, but if you gotta occasionally get on the highway, our XRs have way too much windblast. By all accounts, the MRAs get rid of that without the helmet buffeting of larger screens.

Welcome to the club, enjoy!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Very nice....thumb up

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
another happy xr owner congrats. there is a member here who sells a
great laydown license bracket. he is pretty shy but MIGHT chime
in.[sarcasm]. he is also a happy xr owner.---welcome to our home!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the MRA rec. Saddlebag. what model do you use on the XR? I searched the forum and read the thread on MRA - it seems many fit and it's a personal pref relative to the size. Web/ ebay wasn't a lot of help... Thanks for any adt'l info.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
And here it is with the softbags. I think it looks better, but I'm keeping the hard bags for longer trips...

I agree. Those look great on a black bike. Very sharp. Not completely modern. Not completely retro. All badass

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
MRA windscreens available in the states? Having a little trouble looking up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts