1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Mine is in my Signature CFAD and it works good anything to get those ugly fork mounted deflectors off.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I had one that worked very well but had another setup that also worked so I sold the CFAD to @broggyr . I'm sure he'll chime in on how happy he is that I sold it to him ;)

I use Bad Ace tank deflectors attached to my cheese wedges to kill the buffeting.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I was looking for the post lol. Yep I likes it. Makes a huge difference.

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I wonder how it would work for us XR guys? I have a crap load of wind coming up from under the tank but never wanted to drop $300 for Vics fork deflectors.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wonder how it would work for us XR guys? I have a crap load of wind coming up from under the tank but never wanted to drop $300 for Vics fork deflectors.
I also wonder.
And as I have a 2010 XR without ABS, I wonder why it says for bikes WITH ABS??? Don't see why that would matter!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, I'll have to order one of these.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I also wonder.
And as I have a 2010 XR without ABS, I wonder why it says for bikes WITH ABS??? Don't see why that would matter!
Has to do with the way the brake lines are mounted on the triple tree. On non-ABS bikes, the brake lines mount where this deflector would go...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Well I am non-ABS so no go for me.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Well I am non-ABS so no go for me.
This is odd....the one I bought(and sold to broggy) I got directly from the guy that invented this part. I know for a fact that he made a "non-ABS" versions as well.

***Okay, I'm looking at the link provided by the OP again and I now notice two things 1. this is a Kuryakyn product and 2. it does not look like the CFAD that I or others purchased.
@TNXR and @45caldan ...I'm going to look for the persons contact info who makes the original CFAD(triple tree defector) so you can get a non-ABS version.

Reactions: 45caldan

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is odd....the one I bought(and sold to broggy) I got directly from the guy that invented this part. I know for a fact that he made a "non-ABS" versions as well.

***Okay, I'm looking at the link provided by the OP again and I now notice two things 1. this is a Kuryakyn product and 2. it does not look like the CFAD that I or others purchased.
@TNXR and @45caldan ...I'm going to look for the persons contact info who makes the original CFAD(triple tree defector) so you can get a non-ABS version.
Very cool!
thanks!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Contact @jjpilot If you're interested in getting a triple tree wind deflector. Contact me in a PM if you want his e-mail.

This is what the original CFAD that Jeff built looked like.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
PaiN said:
This is what the original CFAD that Jeff built looked like.

Hey! That looks like the one I have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
No. It kinda blends in as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Click CFAD in my sig. Mine is non-abs.

CFAD

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I've got the Bad Ace Billet deflector to my XC and I couldn't be happier. LINK Speedblue here is a good friend and added one to his Cross Roads and he loves it as well.

Like most of us I've been looking to solve the buffeting problem on the XC so I put on an 11 inch Long Ride flip shield when they were selling them for 70 bucks a couple of years ago to see if I liked it. HATED IT! The buffeting was so bad it was extremely uncomfortable. Added the Midwest fork deflectors and the buffeting went away with the taller shield, loved the product but I could feel the aerodynamic effect on steering. I didn't run the fork deflectors in the summer here in Arizona because they block too much cooling air. I'd go back to stock short shield and no deflectors in the summer.

So a few months back Russell was building an initial run of the center deflectors. I got in on the initial run and mounted it up. With my stock shield the difference was spectacular! I'm listening to the stock radio at 75 MPH with my faceshield up on the freeway. No buffeting, the XC is more of a joy to ride if that's possible. With the taller shield it's amazing! A little buffeting but not at all bad.

I let Russell know how good it worked and he's keeping me up to date on his fork mounted deflectors. I've seen the prototype and can't wait to test them. Between the center and fork mounted deflectors I'll have a buffet free ride.

I case you're wondering I'm 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam. Short on top, longer legs.

Reactions: Diamond Jim

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
I let Russell know how good it worked and he's keeping me up to date on his fork mounted deflectors. I've seen the prototype and can't wait to test them. Between the center and fork mounted deflectors I'll have a buffet free ride.

I case you're wondering I'm 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam. Short on top, longer legs.
Are the fork deflectors a radically new design? I know it's personal preference but man I don't like fork deflectors but they do work.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Are the fork deflectors a radically new design? I know it's personal preference but man I don't like fork deflectors but they do work.
I'm with you there Vin, I'm not running the Midwest ones now. I should just sell them, however these are small and tuck up to the fairing and look like part of the fairing. With the center deflector all you want to do is move the boundary layer around the fairing. As soon as he finalizes the design and sends to me I'll text you a picture. You're more than welcome to meet up when they are installed and I'll toss you the keys. Take it for a ride.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts