Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Corbins take forever to break in, BUT.....

Only in SF,

BMW Motorcycles is Sued for Giving a Man an Erection That Just Won’t Qiut

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – April 27, 2012 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – A man claims in court that a four-hour ride on a BMW motorcycle with a “ridge-like” seat gave him “a severe case of priapism,” which left him “unable to engage in sexual activity.”

The man sued BMW of North America and Corbin-Pacific, which made the seat, in a bare bones complaint.

Aside from four pages of checked boxes, the complaint states, in its entirety, that on May 1, 2010, “Plaintiff was riding his 1993 BMW motorcycle equipped with a Corbin-Pacific seat. The ride lasted approximately two hours each way to plaintiff’s destination, after which plaintiff developed a severe case of priapism (a persistent, lasting erection). Plaintiff alleges that this condition was caused by the ridge-like seat on his motorcycle, negligently designed, manufactured and/or installed by defendants.

“Plaintiff now suffers from priapism (a long lasting erection), and has been experiencing continuing problems since his motorcycle ride. He is now unable to engage in sexual activity, which is causing him substantial emotional and mental anguish. Plaintiff is distraught and distressed because of this. Defendants, and each of them, are liable to plaintiff due [to] their negligent design, manufacture and/or installation of the seat on plaintiff’s motorcycle.”

He seeks damages for lost wages, personal injury, medical expenses, product liability and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

http://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/bmw-motorcycles-is-sued-for-giving-a-man-an-erection-that-just-wont-quit-0429122/

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Gotta get me one of those seats.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
That's a pretty good example of what's happening throughout society. Everybody wants to sue somebody and there is no shortage of ambulance chasers that are pulling at the leash to jump in and help.

If this happened to 90% of the male population 80% of them would brag about it and run all over showing off and 9.999% would try to wear it off and .001% would lawyer up.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Ammo, you got that right. There are products sold elsewhere but not here in the US because we are so litigious. Years ago, pretty wife and I wore Marushin helmets. They were a great helmet that always came out at the top in comparos. They pulled out of the US market because they got tired of being sued by Americans that crashed and sued everyone in sight, including the helmet manufacturer. They always prevailed in court, but it cost tens of thousands to do so.
One time, Bell Helmet was sued and it went to trial where it was learned the plaintiff wasn't even wearing a Bell. Asked why he thought he had a Bell, he said when he bought the helmet, he asked for the best one and thought the dealer had sold him a Bell.
Its gotten so bad, that a replacement parts mfr for the machines I repair, will not accept my ideas for improving a part they make, so it will be superior to an OEM part. They're afraid that if someone hurts themselves on one of those machines, they can get sued because that part is not identical to OEM - even tho it did not contribute in any way toward the injury.
If I were Emperor of the US, I would make it illegal for any lawyer to run for public office and judges will have to toss out obviously frivolous suits.
So there!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Does this mean I can sue Polaris for getting a hard on every time I look at my vegas?
You might as well. Anybody can sue anybody for anything in this wonderful country of ours. Just say the word and you'll have a long line of attorneys at your door. thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts