Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really applies to most all manufacturers of motorcycles but I bring it up here as I'm looking at buying a Victory in the very near future. I test rode a Cross Country Tour a week ago and of course I tested the horn. Sounds like the road runner on the old cartoons. What it is with these companies and their horns? I replaced the horn on my current Yamaha with a very loud Stebel horn that has come in handy several times over the years. You would think that since we are all concerned about safety and a good loud horn can be so important why would the manufacturers fix this.

That said, did many of you change out the horns on your Victory?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I hate the "meep-meep" horns anyway, but it just didn't seem to do the trick. I replaced mine with a Harley horn (Fiamm) because a Harley friend replaced his horn with a dual-tone.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,231 Posts
In two years time I bet I have only used my horn 5 times.
Yes its cheap but like all bikes company's they put in a horn to make you legal and thats about it.
If your a horn honker you'll need a new horn

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In two years time I bet I have only used my horn 5 times.
Yes its cheap but like all bikes company's they put in a horn to make you legal and thats about it.
If your a horn honker you'll need a new horn
I can't say I've used my Stebel a lot but the times I needed it I certainly appreciated how loud it was. Couple cages backing towards me, couple cages moving over to my lane etc. When it's used I like to be heard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use my horn sometimes as a last ditch effort to keep a cager from pulling out in front of me. Before my Vic, I was riding my dads 84 softail that he had put an air horn on. So my Vic feels puny in comparison. One day I may change it, but that's pretty low on the list.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Almost any decently loud replacement horn will require a relay to operate, but the upgrade is definitely worth the effort. I used the Drag Specialties dual horns on my Honda Magna. I have not yet upgraded on my Kingpin, but plan to soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts