·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If you look on the sidewall of the tires, there is an arrow or similar type marker. Find that and go to your tread area and your depth indicators are there.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
From what I've seen lot of riders don't follow that and just ride it until all the tread is gone. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've seen lot of riders don't follow that and just ride it until all the tread is gone. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah some riders do that and end up on the ride of the road in the middle of no where or in the morgue. New tires are a small price to pay when considering what may happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to agree. When you get down to the wear marks there isn’t enough tread left to provide grip in rainy weather. The water doesn’t get away fast enough.

you can not ride in rain, but who knows when you might get into it? You are going to have to buy new tires at some point anyway, so it’s not a good idea to push your luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The E-4 1/32" deep "dot" is an interesting flashback to the days when the center groove of a Dunlop tire was the wear indicator. When the groove disappeared the tire was done.

A guy I sometime ride with takes his tires down to the cord before replacing them. Somehow, to him, the extra $5.00 of tread is worth the same as his 15K motorcycle, along with a possible injury or death. ?!? Forest? Trees?

Happy holidays to everyone. Looks like snow at 6K' elevation in SW NM. Hopefully it will all have melted by next week so I can get back out on the road.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the uneducated question, but are the tires worn when you see the dot or worn when the dot disappears?
When the dot disappears.

·
Registered
93 Posts
NAB, thanks for the answer. I have an E4 on the rear and the dots are visible. On the front I have an E3. I looked for the triangle wear indicator and the tread there is continuous across, so I assume that the tire is still good. Unlike the tire picture earlier in the tread showing part of the tread missing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts