Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Weather

79K views 2K replies 26 participants last post by  NAB 
#1 · (Edited)
They are talking about upper 60's the first of next week. So maybe I'll get some riding in, need to do something.

#27 ·
Reactions: BBob
#10 ·
CT will do fine in that. :)

Reactions: Dusty Boots
#11 ·
Giving mid-60's here as well on Friday and I am not traveling so going to take off after lunch and maybe ride into KY for a few hours.

#14 ·
I had a cold ride home last night here in central Florida. I went to the gym at about 1:30 and was done about 3:30. I went to a nearby friend's house for a beer and then rode home (~25 min) from 5:30 to 5:55. This was right at dusk. At 5:30 when I left his house, it was 48°F and light out. By the time I got home, it was 45°F and pretty dark. I wore leather chaps, a bike jacket with liner, full-finger gloves, and turned the heated seat and grips on high. I was still a little chilly. It is supposed to be warmer today.

Reactions: CanuckRob
#15 ·
We have got as low as 20 degrees so far the next 2 days will be in low 70's. I'll go riding this afternoon after it warms up. It was 34 degrees this morning, we will have have a 40 degrees temperature change from morning low to afternoon high. That's not unusual on the Texas Rolling Plains. By 5pm the temps drop fast and it gets chilly fast.

Reactions: CanuckRob
#16 ·
Wednesday the weather was nice, low 70's light wind. I had a nice ride then stopped by a store and got a couple of rolls of Gorilla tape. Then stopped by a couple of friends shops and visited with them a while and had a couple of beers. It was almost dark when I got home and was getting pretty chilly. I put the scooter up and the hot engine warmed up the Cantina several degrees. It was a good day.

#18 ·
Now that's funny.

Reactions: Blowndodge
#19 ·
It was 17 degrees this morning -8 Celsius. The coldest temperature here this winter and we did get a couple of snow shower yesterday. We didn't get out of the thirties yesterday, but they predict we will be back up to the low sixties Friday. To cool for me to be riding for a few days.

#20 ·
The weatherman said this morning it would get up to the mid 70's around noon today in North Carolina and then plunge into the low 40's by 5PM.

#25 ·
Snow tomorrow... Covered bike up on the weekend. Bring it on. :)

Spring is coming.

#31 ·
By the National Weather Department we got down to 16 degrees this morning. By my weather station at the house we got down to 18 degrees. The National weather department is about 20 miles N/E of me. That's pretty cold this time of the year. It's a clear, cold morning with absolutely no wind.

#32 ·
17 Degrees this morning, I've ridden with it that cold before and it's not all that fun. But we have had some cold mornings here lately and there has been a couple of scooters that have gone by and the road out front has a speed limit of 75 mph. Yeah when I was younger but not now. It was like I had to prove something back in the day and I proved it. Ain't going to again. Merry Christmas!

#33 ·
It was in the high 60's yesterday, but very windy. Then last night we got a light snow and the roads and driveways were so warm it melted the snow. The low was 30 degrees and overpasses and such are icy. Not a good day to ride.

#34 ·
Warming back up here in central FL. After some cool days (highs in the 50's and lows in the lower 30's including a frost warning two days in a row.... oh, the humanity), it is supposed to be 75°F today and a high in the mid-80's the rest of the week. Great days to ride :)

Reactions: NAB
#35 ·
I did ride this week but we are going to have cold weather heading in. Lows in the teens highs in the 40's and a 80% chance of snow Sunday. Last weekend 50 miles S/E of me got 6 to 8 inches of snow and we got nothing. We could sure use the moisture.

#37 ·
I hate this time of year. I am a daily rider, but as the years go by I'm less inclined to ride below 50. That won't happen until Thursday. I am waiting on a longer clutch cable for the XCT. The Challenger needs nothing. All I can do is wait out the weather.

Reactions: NAB
#38 ·
It was 20 degrees when I got up at 5am, freezing drizzle and fog. 90% chance of snow tonight and 80% chance tomorrow. With a total accumulation of 9 inches of snow over the period. At least there is no prediction of high winds. Highs in the 30's and 40's with lows in the mid teens for the next few days.

#40 ·
We have a few inches of snow this morning with a few more on the way. It started with light rain last night so there will be a layer of ice under the snow.