Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

181 - 200 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Today will be 7 full days below Freezing here. That is nothing to the people north of us, but that's a long time here, The longest period to be below freezing here was December 1983 they went 8 days. Next week we will be back in the 60s and that is just fine with me. I ordered this new sign for the Cantina, It's a steel outdoor sign 8"x36" sign and have not decided where to hang it, inside, outside?

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
About the same here, but no snow. They are predicting a high of 47 and sunshine tomorrow.
47 wow thats an improvement for you guys....hopefully some relief from this insane weather for you soon!

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
They have got a lot of power back on in Texas. The guy that lives 80 miles East of me has had power continually since noon yesterday. He still doesn't have the water thawed out. He is on his own well so it may be froze up also, he didn't say. We have never lost power but one short time. People have water lines broke all over the state. There is a lot of fault with the power companies too. They didn't have back up units in hot standby and some where froze up. Yeah they got caught with their pants down. You know there has been a lot of heated meetings and finger pointing the last few days. I know what these power plant operators have been going through. 99% OF THE TIME IT IS UPPER MANAGEMENTS fault because they are trying to save money not keeping standby units pressured and in hot standby. Then the operators have to jump out their butts to get those units on line. I've been there and it sucks standing in the open six stories high opening a 24 inch valve in 2 degree weather with a 3 foot cheater wrench. Beating ice of of a forced draft intake fan, the air rushing into the fan has to make it 60, 70 degrees below zero or colder. I feel for those guys and am damned glad I am out of it.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
It's 11 degrees F right now and the predicted high of 45 today. So the 7 day freeze is going into defrost today. Predicted to get in the high 60s next week and it's welcomed with open arms. But winter is not over and this maybe one of those years we have freezes until the middle of May. My great grand dad always said don't plant your garden until after May the 15th to safe from a freeze. So a lot of people will have a lot of work to do getting everything thawed out, repairing water lines and water damage. The insurance adjusters will be running all over the state doing claims. There will be people found dead in their homes and that's the real tragic side of all of this. Now everyone realizes how unreliable wind generation is.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
18 F here this morning feels much colder expecting another 6 - 9 inches of snow this aft and overnight

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
The skies are blue and the wind is out of the S/W. The wind will bring warm dry air in. May have a shot to celebrate when it gets above freezing.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
It is 33 degrees F the first time in over 7 days we have been above freezing. Cheers

Reactions: depot picker

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
We are up to 44 degrees F now, the high was predicted to be 45. So I'll bet it gets over 50 it is just 12:30 noon. The temperature will rise until about 4pm.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
25 F and sunny no snow nice 8)

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
It will go down to 28 tonight. That is the last forecast freeze for this year. YAY!

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
it's 26 right now, hit 55 yesterday and a predicted 61 today. Most of the snow has melted away. I talked to a guy that got his water back on yesterday. He had been froze up since Monday. Texas great freeze of 2021 is over. In 1983 we had 2 freezes like the one we just had only colder. I think it got down to -16 and we had 14 inches of snow in one day. Something like that. I was in Washington state that winter.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
13 here this morning only got about 3 inches of snow over night sunny an bright this morning

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #196

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
We are already up to 39 degrees F, skies are blue, sun shining with a 7mph wind out of the South. It's going to be a nice day.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
It's 35 degrees right now, didn't get down to freezing. There is a front coming in some time this morning and our high will be around 54. We are back to normal weather for the area. It's suppose to get up to 70 in a few days. But the wind is predicted to blow. So the dust storms are probably going to start. Every once in a blue moon we don't have all the blowing dirt. That's not often though. We had some EPA people fly in here during a bad dust storm. They said we needed to pave all the dirt roads and do this and that. Well we didn't and it just shows how stupid the EPA is. The only way to stop the blowing dust is to stop farming and but the land back in grass. You can't stop the wind from blowing.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,547 Posts
24 at 9am. Another day of melting snow.
Above freezing for at least the next two weeks back to normal temperatures. Gonna be a soggy yard with 10+ inches melting down.
Lot of potholes that need patched. They should start rolling out the hot mix soon to take care of that. It's not the weather that keeps me from riding in spring it's the potholes. Was really horrible 2-3 years ago. Roads were almost unusable until June. 50 years of neglect. Taking money from roads to spend on other things.

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Its 31 right now and the predicted high is 77 degrees F today. 35 mph winds and blowing dust.

181 - 200 of 256 Posts