Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
It was 17 degrees this morning -8 Celsius. The coldest temperature here this winter and we did get a couple of snow shower yesterday. We didn't get out of the thirties yesterday, but they predict we will be back up to the low sixties Friday. To cool for me to be riding for a few days.
You're in TX, right?

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
You're in TX, right?
Yeah Texas Panhandle, rolling plains. We are a little over 3,000 feet above sea level. It gets cold here. Single digit temperatures here and have got in negative temps. February the 8 1933 it got down to NEGATIVE 17 degrees. The coldest I remember it ever being is 1 degrees. We hit single digits most years.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Yeah Texas Panhandle, rolling plains. We are a little over 3,000 feet above sea level. It gets cold here. Single digit temperatures here and have got in negative temps. February the 8 1933 it got down to 17 degrees. The coldest I remember it ever being is 1 degrees. We hit single digits most years.
Seems to be consistently colder than NW GA.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,392 Posts
Snow tomorrow... Covered bike up on the weekend. Bring it on. :)

Spring is coming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,392 Posts
Pretty sure we have to get to winter first. Doesn't that start next week?
I can still want it to end already.
Not all of us are immune to winter. :)

·
Premium Member
14,526 Posts
I can still want it to end already.
Not all of us are immune to winter. :)
I don't blame you. I don't like being too cold anymore than I like being too hot.

Between 22 years combined in Hawaii and San Diego I got spoiled with the least temperature variance in America. I'd still be in SD if it wasn't for many real world reasons. I liked being spoiled in that way.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Seems to be consistently colder than NW GA.
That was a negative seventeen degrees in 1933. Plus it's the high plains that runs all the way up to Canada. With mountain ranges on both sides. The heavy cold artic winds are channeled straight down the plains. and there is nothing but a few barbed wire fences to stop it.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
By the National Weather Department we got down to 16 degrees this morning. By my weather station at the house we got down to 18 degrees. The National weather department is about 20 miles N/E of me. That's pretty cold this time of the year. It's a clear, cold morning with absolutely no wind.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
17 Degrees this morning, I've ridden with it that cold before and it's not all that fun. But we have had some cold mornings here lately and there has been a couple of scooters that have gone by and the road out front has a speed limit of 75 mph. Yeah when I was younger but not now. It was like I had to prove something back in the day and I proved it. Ain't going to again. Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It was in the high 60's yesterday, but very windy. Then last night we got a light snow and the roads and driveways were so warm it melted the snow. The low was 30 degrees and overpasses and such are icy. Not a good day to ride.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Warming back up here in central FL. After some cool days (highs in the 50's and lows in the lower 30's including a frost warning two days in a row.... oh, the humanity), it is supposed to be 75°F today and a high in the mid-80's the rest of the week. Great days to ride :)

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I did ride this week but we are going to have cold weather heading in. Lows in the teens highs in the 40's and a 80% chance of snow Sunday. Last weekend 50 miles S/E of me got 6 to 8 inches of snow and we got nothing. We could sure use the moisture.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
18 F here today but sunny.....there's snow and ice on the road so Vic stays in the garage 8(

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
I hate this time of year. I am a daily rider, but as the years go by I'm less inclined to ride below 50. That won't happen until Thursday. I am waiting on a longer clutch cable for the XCT. The Challenger needs nothing. All I can do is wait out the weather.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I hate this time of year. I am a daily rider, but as the years go by I'm less inclined to ride below 50. That won't happen until Thursday. I am waiting on a longer clutch cable for the XCT. The Challenger needs nothing. All I can do is wait out the weather.
It was 20 degrees when I got up at 5am, freezing drizzle and fog. 90% chance of snow tonight and 80% chance tomorrow. With a total accumulation of 9 inches of snow over the period. At least there is no prediction of high winds. Highs in the 30's and 40's with lows in the mid teens for the next few days.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It was 20 degrees when I got up at 5am, freezing drizzle and fog. 90% chance of snow tonight and 80% chance tomorrow. With a total accumulation of 9 inches of snow over the period. At least there is no prediction of high winds. Highs in the 30's and 40's with lows in the mid teens for the next few days.
18 here this morning gray an overcast supposed to get to a balmy 26 69 days til spring...162 till summer but who's counting 8)

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
We have a few inches of snow this morning with a few more on the way. It started with light rain last night so there will be a layer of ice under the snow.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts