Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
501 - 520 of 522 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
We got a little rain last night with highs in the upper 80's today.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Another above 110 degree day for me. We've set numerous record highs after doing it last year. Monsoons are moving in but the rain evaporates before hitting the ground.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Car thermometer said 104. Weather underground says 95 on a 5000ft pass 15 miles away.
Generally hot!

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
We have a 20% chance of rain through tomorrow and the high temperatures in the upper 80's. This has been a cool summer overall. August and September can be very hot we'll have to wait and see

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I spent 5 days at the TN Victory rally. It was a blast, but it was hot. Very little rain until the ride home. Every time I got dry it would rain again.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
we've been getting a lot of rain here forecast for 2 days this week

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
It's cloudy, 68 degrees F, 20 C. We have had .42 inches of rain this morning.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Highs about 100 all week and chance of rain every day.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
The temps are back up in the mid 90's and the winds have been low all month.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The temps are back up in the mid 90's and the winds have been low all month.
temps in the 70s and 80s but getting rain practically every day....last night was a heck of a thunder, lightning storm for several hours...

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
temps in the 70s and 80s but getting rain practically every day....last night was a heck of a thunder, lightning storm for several hours...
they took our rain chances out for the week. I would like to have had a inch this week.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
they took our rain chances out for the week. I would like to have had a inch this week.
think we have 1 day this week they're saying no rain....rest of the week is 50 - 80 % chance of rain

• Sad
Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
We've had no appreciable amount of rain since February and some locations are now on stricter levels of water rationing. Fire hazard all over the left coast is extreme. Over 250 wild fires burning at the moment giving some serious conditions with the locals including evacuations and also making very poor air quality smoke problems for a few provinces to the east. A few hundred miles away down wind some locations visibility is low and it's hard to breathe. 100 firefighters are here from Mexico helping out with our thanks.

Perfect riding weather though. Low 20's (70F) and clear skies for the last few weeks and also for the foreseeable future. It would be nice for some rain in the evenings though. BC is full of trees and the ones surrounding my house could use a drink.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
We've had no appreciable amount of rain since February and some locations are now on stricter levels of water rationing. Fire hazard all over the left coast is extreme. Over 250 wild fires burning at the moment giving some serious conditions with the locals including evacuations and also making very poor air quality smoke problems for a few provinces to the east. A few hundred miles away down wind some locations visibility is low and it's hard to breathe. 100 firefighters are here from Mexico helping out with our thanks.

Perfect riding weather though. Low 20's (70F) and clear skies for the last few weeks and also for the foreseeable future. It would be nice for some rain in the evenings though. BC is full of trees and the ones surrounding my house could use a drink.

wish I could send you some out there....I don't know the amounts, but we've had crazy amounts of rain, crops are way early, corn is bout ready....

I am heading up to Wawa on Tues, ride the canuck Tail of the Dragon, be gone a few days...hope you pull some of that forecast rain where I will be lol

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·

All of that on top of covid-19 sucks.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Lots of people have had it pretty hard this year for a number of reasons. Many even over-blowing some of them which would normally be inconveniences. We were watching the tv last night and after the news showing the flooding problems in Europe and Arizona then a one hour special on hurricane Katrina I told the Mrs that I guess we really don't have it that bad right now after all. In a blink it could easily be worse.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,977 Posts
92-94 next few days.
I don't want to ride when it's that smoking hot.
You can't escape the heat. :(

Sucks because I'm off work this week and was intending some day trips out to surrounding states. Not sure I can handle being roasted for several hours.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Major monsoons yesterday. We were standing in our garage with the door open watching the lightening show and downpour and a bolt of lightening the diameter of an telephone hit 50 feet in front of us knocking both of us off our feet! Never in my life have I experienced anything like this except a major 7.4 earthquake in the mid 90's.

The crack and boom were deafening. It was like standing next to dynamite. We both had headaches for a few hours afterwards. I used to laugh while riding my CCT in weather like this. This changed my mind. The power of that blast was incomprehensible. Still shaken by it today. Even more monsoons expected today.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,977 Posts
Major monsoons yesterday. We were standing in our garage with the door open watching the lightening show and downpour and a bolt of lightening the diameter of an telephone hit 50 feet in front of us knocking both of us off our feet! Never in my life have I experienced anything like this except a major 7.4 earthquake in the mid 90's.

The crack and boom were deafening. It was like standing next to dynamite. We both had headaches for a few hours afterwards. I used to laugh while riding my CCT in weather like this. This changed my mind. The power of that blast was incomprehensible. Still shaken by it today. Even more monsoons expected today.
Lightning is serious stuff. Cool, but serious.
I'll ride into a tropical downpour but I'm less interested if lightning is crazy.

2018 I went out of state to see friends. Left there in the rain it was crazy hard rain. Rolling down interstate in Michigan in 6 inch deep water. That was interesting when I came to stop at my exit I really didn't stop because I didn't want to put my feet down in that. Stopped briefly at gas station to ring out my gloves and such then back on the highway. Treated to beautiful night riding when I hit Indiana state line the rain stopped. Clear skies all the way home with the storms behind me. I learned that there was a tornado following the path of that interstate in Michigan and I was close enough that I would have probably saw it if not riding at night. When I'm going home I don't stop for anything. Even when I probably should. :)

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
High today around 92, partly cloudy with low winds. Good chances of rain Sunday and Monday.

501 - 520 of 522 Posts