Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
621 - 630 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
huge storm here in the 70s and tornado warnings all around me....

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
You moved to Oklahoma?
yea tell me about it...weather here this year is insane a tornado has just touched down about an hour and a bit west of me......and it's a rock n roll light show out there right now

Reactions: Joe_

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
My wife and I have twice had close calls with tornadoes while touring. They are absolutely amazing up close. Take your breath away Amazing..

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Blowndodge and Joe_

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #628 ·
Unless it's selective routing it takes a long time to build the infrastructure for the burbs. Mind you, they did have enough power to keep the financial institutions and some selective businesses going last winter so maybe rotational blackouts would work.
They had units down for overhaul, they had unites that could have been in hot standby that were not and froze up. There was a lot of foolish mistakes that were made. They do new generation planned and being worked on right now. They will be better prepared this year. I've been there working around the clock getting unites up that the boilers had been trained and winterized. When it's that cooled a boiler can freeze up pretty fast. We have old plants all over Texas that have been decommissioned due to EPA regulations. They can be brought back on line and with work be brought up to EPA standards.

ERCOT has also approved the planned connection of much new generation capacity to the Texas electric grid, none of it coal. The permitted new connections to the grid include 2,000 megawatts from solar sources, 8,700 megawatts from wind generation, and more than 10,000 megawatts from natural gas.

This article came out in February 2021 and give good insight to what happened. ERCOT was not prepared.
How Texas’ Power Generation Failed During the Storm, in Charts - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
Mid 90's today, winds 5 to 15 mph out of the East with sunshine. There is a 20% chance of rain tonight.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
heading into high 80s today sunny with some clouds....good day for a ride, heading out shortly

Reactions: NAB
621 - 630 of 630 Posts