Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
761 - 780 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I posted earlier about the rain we've had here and the flooding. Roads and rails washed out with some expecting to be months for repairs. Today most of the stations here have run out of fuel. Also my wife stopped by to buy some milk and the store was super busy. The cashier said people are buying $500 worth of groceries. Trucks and trains aren't getting through at the speed they used to and some people are loading up on what they can. Part of me understands people looking out for only themselves but another half not. We're all in this together.

Just like the last time. Take it easy, don't hoard and everything will be fine. I really had to laugh at the people stocking up on toilet paper when most of it comes from here. And the guy that was pissed off because he couldn't return the thousands of n95 masks he bought thinking he could sell them at a profit let you know what kind of people there are out there.

We'll get by. Together.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I posted earlier about the rain we've had here and the flooding. Roads and rails washed out with some expecting to be months for repairs. Today most of the stations here have run out of fuel. Also my wife stopped by to buy some milk and the store was super busy. The cashier said people are buying $500 worth of groceries. Trucks and trains aren't getting through at the speed they used to and some people are loading up on what they can. Part of me understands people looking out for only themselves but another half not. We're all in this together.

Just like the last time. Take it easy, don't hoard and everything will be fine. I really had to laugh at the people stocking up on toilet paper when most of it comes from here. And the guy that was pissed off because he couldn't return the thousands of n95 masks he bought thinking he could sell them at a profit let you know what kind of people there are out there.

We'll get by. Together.

Stay safe things are a mess I have a neice in Hope , they are isolated and food supplies running low, they had food air dropped.

BC floods: Travellers stranded as floods leave city of Hope cut off from rest of province - YouTube

Reactions: 53canuck

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
low 40s here this morning and raining, temp dropping this afternoon and calling for snow, not much on the ground at the moment the rain yesterday got rid of most of what was on the ground.

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #765 ·
It's 30 (- 1 C) degrees here right now at 5:18 AM. The temp will drop a couple of degrees by daylight. This is our first fall freeze. The high will be in the mid 50's today with another freeze in the morning. Maybe the pecans will open up better now to fall to the ground. I have shelled enough so far for a couple of pecan pies on Thanksgiving. Now maybe all the leaves will fall of the trees and I can get that all cleaned up. But a 40 mph wind out of the West would get most of them.

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #766 ·
t
Display device Gas Font Electronic device Electric blue

The time is actually 7:43 I never change the time for regular time.

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
9:00 a.m. and it is a chilly 66°F :) Supposed to reach a high of 81°F. I will be on the bike twice today - once to the gym and back and a second time to go play bridge. I won't be returning from the latter until after dark at about 7:15 and it is supposed to be about 71°F then. I might need a light jacket for that ride. Can you believe that? Actually having to wear a jacket to ride? That's just crazy talk :)

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,342 Posts
Early cold. Bike will be covered up to sleep soon.
Forecast just looks like nothing but cold next couple weeks. Haven't seen "normal" temperature for a bit.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
35 here this morning, got about 2 inches of snow on the ground supposed to be snow til 11 am

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #770 ·
The low this morning was 30, the high will be around 65. Sunny with s/s/w winds at around 15 mph.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
low 40s today, the snow is gone with the rain, and more rain called for today

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Same weather today, low 40s and rain this afternoon

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #774 ·
48 is the low so far this morning with a high in the upper 50's today. It's cloudy with the wind out of the north at 11 mph. 20 mph winds today and gust in the 30's under cloudy skies. There is a toy run today that I will not make or attend. I use to know 25 or 30 people at these runs. But these days I know very few, not fun anymore. They weather is always crappy on the day they have the toy run, always.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
33 this morning and calling for snow most of the day, school buses here not running today

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
29 degrees right now winds out of the N/W at 5 mph. Winds becoming S/W later 5 to 10 mph, sunny with a high around 67. We have been below freezing for 6 hours.

·
Premium Member
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #777 ·
The low here was 28 degrees, and it was below freezing for 7 hours. That was the low at the national weather department, I show the low to be 30 degrees at the house. I show 52 on the Cantina patio on the west side of the house and 50 on my wife's patio on the east side of the house right now. Leaves are falling from the trees and I made more pecans than I though. With the leave thining out on the pecan trees I can see the pecans much better. The grass has stopped growing, but I need to mow every thing to get the dead growth off. It just looks better through the winter. I want the leaves to all fall first.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Snowing pretty good now they're calling for 8 - 12 inches today

• Sad
Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Wish I had taken my bike when the wife and I went down to Clearwater this past week. Man was it ever nice. Mid to upper 70's with little humidity. Planning on going again around the same time next year. Will seriously have to consider taking it next time....

Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,342 Posts
Wednesday 32 low and 50 high.
Tempted to ride to work. Haha.
Not the smartest thing when I've been fighting this ongoing cough but dang I wanna ride.

Reactions: CanuckRob
761 - 780 of 817 Posts