1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I hope everyone is doing well.
I have a question about... weed.
Up front I live in Kansas so the stuff is illegal here.
Now in other states .... Smoke up.

What I don't understand is..
At a state level it is legal smoke up.
At a Federal level its illegal your going to prison.

How much money does the state pay to the Feds to keep them from busting down doors?

How does it affect the work force in the states it is legal?
Do they still hire you if you test positive for it?
At work we have guys who will step out of the shop to smoke a cigarette.
Do they let you step out to smoke a joint in those states?

There is a YouTube video of the guys smoking pot in front of a cop and the cop doesn't care.
BUT! what if you lit one up in front of a federal agent?

Like I said I am in Kansas and what we have is called CBD oil.
Does anyone know anything about it?
Will it grow my hair back :grin :smile:grin

·
Registered
560 Posts
In a nutshell The reason the Feds aren't kicking in doors in the states with legal weed is because at that point the possession and sale is a state crime. If someone ships the product across state lines or brings it in across state lines it becomes Federal.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Recreational and Medicinal legal in Cali, but not on Federal property, i.e., Fed buildings, National Forests, Parks & Monuments.

Work environment - depends on if the place is certified as a Drug Free Workplace, or has safety sensitive positions with FED oversight of the State, such as equipment operators, truck drivers, others specifically defined, etc.

Having a Medical Mj card does not give you a pass to partake of the leaf in a employer establishment that has a drug free certification or other sensitive positions as defined.

In a certified drug free workplace, failing a random drug test or reasonable suspicion drug test will put you back on the street and in the line at the unemployment office.

Not to mention a DUI from the local police or State Highway Patrol.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
At will employment. If your employer does drug testing and you fail it doesn't matter at all if it is legal or illegal. You're done. Your employer can fire you for smoking cigarettes too if they choose. No legal leg to stand on its not protected status.

Many using CBD fail drug testing too this just came up on local news recently. Thc content varies and while isn't enough to get you high it does show on screenings.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
At will employment. If your employer does drug testing and you fail it doesn't matter at all if it is legal or illegal. You're done. Your employer can fire you for smoking cigarettes too if they choose. No legal leg to stand on its not protected status.

Many using CBD fail drug testing too this just came up on local news recently. Thc content varies and while isn't enough to get you high it does show on screenings.
There is a doctor in Israel and he is called the father of canabis, anyway he successfully removed THC from the canabis oil , hope for many sick people in the world this is a posibility

It is that idiotic FDA that is so narrow-minded, working together with big farma / plant medicine (free) is illegal, chemical medicine (expensive) is proffit so legal

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
There is a doctor in Israel and he is called the father of canabis, anyway he successfully removed THC from the canabis oil , hope for many sick people in the world this is a posibility

It is that idiotic FDA that is so narrow-minded, working together with big farma / plant medicine (free) is illegal, chemical medicine (expensive) is proffit so legal

Andre using TaPaTaLk
They get it very low but not gone completely. The recent news story the oil they were using < 1% I think. Very low but it still shows up in a test. So that person did not get the job they applied for and went on news about it.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
They get it very low but not gone completely. The recent news story the oil they were using < 1% I think. Very low but it still shows up in a test. So that person did not get the job they applied for and went on news about it.
Shitttttt

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I am hearing you correctly.
If your busted with pot the DEA (Feds) just turn you over to the state
and the state turns you free.

Are the guys growing in there house scot-free
or is growing your own a crime?

I worked with a guy who grew his own tobacco at his house
I never questioned him on it.... heck I thought it was kinda neat.

·
Registered
560 Posts

1) The Feds wont have anything to do with you unless you are taking a large quantity across state lines. They have bigger fish to fry.
2) Each state that has medical and/or recreational use, have laws that also limit the number of plants an individual can grow for personal use.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

If Fed gets you they not going to just let you go. It's a crime and you're not getting out of it. States depending on laws might let you off for minor stuff. Driving while high is a crime everywhere though and just like a DUI.
So if it's legal where you are go for it if you want it just don't be an idiot...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't live in a state where it is legal,
But I do wonder.

In the states it is legal in is it common to see people
just walking around smoking a joint no different than smoking a cigarette on the street.
Or is in the same class as alcohol where you can't do it in the public eye.

As for CBD oil I know a few construction workers who use it for pain relief.
If it works ... I have done a few construction jobs and yes its hard on the body.
To the people doing those jobs for 10 20 years my hats off to you.

I read Colorado is pushing to make magic mushrooms legal.
I am not sure if it will pass or not.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've seen the positive effects for pain relief of cannabis/CBD oil. My wife broke her back in a mc accident several years ago, and has 2ft of steel in her back. She weaned herself off of all the opiates they prescribed her but the constant pain is enough she can't sleep or function very well. PA went legal with prescription and I hounded her to try it and it completely changed her life, and mine for that matter. Having her not be in constant pain and being able to sleep is life changing. The laws in this country are so out of whack it's ridiculous... you can slap on a fentanyl patch, down several barbituates all given to you by any doctor in the land for pain and go about your business and be whacked out of your skull... but OH NO if you have cannabis you must be a raving lunatic drug offender. It needs to be removed as a schedule one federally immediately, period.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Our idiot governor (Eric Holcomb) just admitted to have smoked pot recreationally in college, but is now opposed to making it legal here in Indiana.... go figure. 3 surrounding states are legal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The issue I worry about is our right to Carry a firearm. The Back round form is a Federal form and one of the questions asks if your a user of drugs or marijuana. Whether it's legal for the State it is still illegal for the Feds. So If you answer yes you will be rejected from purchasing a firearm.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Where are Pedro and Anthony when you really need 'em? :cool:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Our idiot governor (Eric Holcomb) just admitted to have smoked pot recreationally in college, but is now opposed to making it legal here in Indiana.... go figure. 3 surrounding states are legal.
I predict that all politicians will soon have a change of heart. I had the unique experience of seeing a legal dispensary in person recently (Massachusetts). I'm telling you this place had steady lines at 3 registers, each turning over customers about every 3 minutes. I don't know what their average sale was but I spent $200 and there were people buying a lot more than me. That's just on the "Recreational" side of the room - the "Medical" side was also doing a brisk trade. I estimate the place is raking in at LEAST $100/minute and the State is tacking on a 20% tax for every sale. Quick math $20 x 60 minutes x 6 hours of sales = $7200 per DAY just in tax revenue. Times 5 days per week would net something like $36K or 1.8 million PER YEAR! That may not seem like much in a state's budget but multiply it by 1000 stores and you're talking about a cash cow that all states will soon be clamoring for a piece of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts