Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. When I first bought my 2013 hammer 8ball I got rid of my front and rear turn signals. I replaced the rear with an LED strip flush to the bottom of the fender that incorporates both brake and signal lights and I put some fork wrap LED signals up front. Everything worked with no issues, but I did opt to leave out the voltage regulator that slows down the flash rate. So, fast forward a year later and I've just done my exhaust, intake, timing gear and a VFC III. Of course after this I got it dynoed. Strangely enough, since the dyno, anytime my blinkers are on and I apply either the front or rear brake the signals all stop flashing until I release the break??? Upon further inspection I've also realized that the ticking sound that accompanies the signal flashing that comes from the turn signal connection located behind the fuse box under the seat also ceases when the brake is applied. I've checked all the connections I can find and tried disconnecting and reconnecting the previously mentioned signal connection with no luck. It shouldn't be a fuse as a fuse to my understanding is an all or none situation. I've looked at my victory service manual, but to be honest the signal and brake connections schematic might as well be in chinese. Anyone have a similar issue or worthwhile suggestion before I spend a bunch of money to have it looked at?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try disconnecting the brake light. If the directionals still cut out when you hit the brakes you might have nicked a wire when you were doing the new work.
If the directionals work without the brake light connected the problem is probably inside the combination brake/tail/directional unit. Just to be sure you could hook up the old directionals and brake light.
If I had to guess I would say it's the combination brake/tail/directional unit. A lot of those LED units are not made very well and end up being headaches after awhile.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks Blake. I'll be taking off the rear fender and going over the wiring this weekend. Hoping I don't have to replace these blinkers already.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Interesting. After reading this and remembering back now my turn signal indicator issue didn't rear its head until I installed the PCV. Hmmmmm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts