Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
If you replaced what came out, you should be OK, unless you had leaking forks prior to the job. Are you certain you got all the parts in correctly?
Re correct amount, I have been researching for a fluid height measurement for Cross bikes and so far, zip. What I'd like to know is a measurement with the forks in place, bike vertical and the caps off. Anyone know that or where to find it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you replaced what came out, you should be OK, unless you had leaking forks prior to the job. Are you certain you got all the parts in correctly?
Re correct amount, I have been researching for a fluid height measurement for Cross bikes and so far, zip. What I'd like to know is a measurement with the forks in place, bike vertical and the caps off. Anyone know that or where to find it?
Yeah. The only part I undid on the fork itself was the cap to drain it and refill it as per a YouTube video I watched. Don't know how I could have screwed that up.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Which video did you watch? Apparently you weren't doing new seals.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Hmmmm so you only

1. opened the top cap of the forks and sucked the old fluid out and put the new fluid in,

2. measured from the top to oil, coz you do not want 1 or 2 centimeter difference in the 2 tubes ...

3. Closed the caps and noise started ....

Maybe air ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm so you only

1. opened the top cap of the forks and sucked the old fluid out and put the new fluid in,

2. measured from the top to oil, coz you do not want 1 or 2 centimeter difference in the 2 tubes ...

3. Closed the caps and noise started ....

Maybe air ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
This is the video I followed:

https://youtu.be/yRFDleX_9g4

But I have a bigger problem now. I tried to take the caps off to pump the fork to get rid of any Air, and my socket skipped off rounding the edges. I am fucked. I tried filing the edges square, using a 21mm instead of 22, vice grips. I guess I'll be bringing it into the shop tomorrow. 😑 live and learn I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Ouchhhh sorry to hear that ... But you had a problem already, maybe this was your "luck" so to speak that your forks will be perfect again,

May i suggest that you will be present at the front fork repair so you will know what was wrong with them ...

For your caps, see the link below, click on the year and bike and front fork, then buy them , just to be safe
https://www.victoryparts.net/oemparts/c/victory_motorcycle/parts

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sounds like the forks are grinding somewhere. Definitely a problem. The top caps are only to be tightened snugly so getting them off should not be a problem. I would take both shocks off and take them to somebody who really knows their stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts