Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Installed my LRS last night. One thing to think about for those coming off a Victory Tall OEM, you will need washers and I recommend some form of neoprene washers as well. If I had simply just used my OEM chrome screws without I'm sure they would have dug in and possibly right through the holes in the new shield. I wasn't sure about the chrome up against the dark tint but after looking at other pics here, this is how I went. Picked up some chrome washers and some black neoprenes, used them together and all seems fine, the chrome "buttons" look isn't bad either. I might suggest that LRS provide washers and/or black anodized screws with their future shipments as it would provide a complete install package and a choice for the consumer whether they want chrome or black.
I do have that small gap at the ends as the others have spoken about here but it doesn't seem to obvious. Perhaps LRS could look into the curve and see if this can be corrected in future builds of this shield.
No problem with my windshield pouches and so far it at least looks pretty great. Haven't had a chance to road test yet and the pics are only in the garage, will try to remember to update as I get more time in the saddle, weather still sucks up here in NY.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
The only thing the vic's is the wind shield all the other parts are for Harley

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bought a couple of shields from these guys already.. A tall shield for touring, the other, shorter, for covering shorter distances.. I do prefer the polycarbonate shields over the Lexan. Got a great deal on mine too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts